Meet the Dragonfly class Hvy Tender: Agro

Here we are (sorry for tha bad English)
What I think it's good...

And what I think it's bad...

I hope this helps... :)

Thank you for your detailed input..

I can see that the framing 'ribs' stands out starkly while still white. The triangular stock I am using for framing was concived as a hardened waveguides for a rudmentery elecrtomagnetic 'sheild'. It also helps to 'tie' kitbashed parts into modules - you know the disparate parts from different models. The pieces you show on the 'cheek' are the bridge from the "Ent. NX-01"; window from "Airwolf"; engine cowling from a "Defiant" and the venting 'grin' is 3.2mm triangular stock and, of course, putty. The ribbing will be painted chrome black in the final painting scheme - maybe that will help from your perspective. We'll see.

The forced parts are suposed top look ... well, forced - it is after-market additions after all, lol. I know - I haven't given too much back story on this craft, so you didn't know my intent.

I was thinking about having fixed wings for the front, but the tug aspect of the vessel sorta pulled me in the direction of having a larger number of thrust soloutions. About different wings ... could not find any that tweaked my "Yeah" button ... and I have hundreds {if not thousands} of model bits. So I opted to alter each set slightly - mayby I need to make it a little more clear.

You are totally right about the bridge - it has been giving me artistic fits from the beginning - how to make it look LESS like the F-117 canopy, How to make to look scaled 'prop'erly et al... I think I actually am comfortable with the 'diving hawk' look of the latest one. I suppose it could look like a rising Phoenix.

Anyhoo, I thank you again for your input. It does really help.

The Agro is a test model for a proposed movie and I know {as a TechnoPhile} the ships in a film are as important as the characters. And that includes the backstory of the vessel as well. It does really help to get honest input.

Now, back to enginerring a fugly ship one could come to love... ;)

Thanks!

Ah! I found a pic that should make the Dragon part of DragonFly apparent ...

Thrax.jpg

You KNOW who it is... if the pic shows - if not right click on the box and hit 'Show Picture' and see if that works.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back