Matt's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit (First suit + New suit)

Re: Matt's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit (First suit + New suit WIP)

Any suggestions to what I should do?

Unfortunately, that suit is just too small for you. You can tell by the neck and the placement of the shoulder seams. You have two options.

1) Get a new suit that is properly sized to fit you.
2) Cut the mask off and get a separate, detached mask

I'll experiment with the puff paint first. Hopefully it works. Thanks Jake. :)

Puff paint will have absolutely zero effect on the neck fitting.

It wouldn't hurt to try. If it really wouldn't fit, then I'll turn this specific suit to a display. There's really no purpose of me making it other than wanting to make a new suit. :)

It wouldn't hurt to try. If it really wouldn't fit, then I'll turn this specific suit to a display. There's really no purpose of me making it other than wanting to make a new suit. :)

Jake is right, elasticity can't be altered with puff paint. Many of us puff paint on mannequins/panels that stretches the fabric as we paint, and it doesn't do anything to the elasticity.

That's a bummer. I may have to just convert this suit to a display only suit, since I hate to cut off the mask. I might cut it off soon, but as of now, this is a display only suit. I'm still gonna show my progress though. :)

Believe it or not, the puffy paint actually solved the neck problem. I'll post pics later.

Hello, I would like to make a front spider like that for my suit, how did you get the print and copy it ? what did you print it too? foam or urethane ? thanks

Hello, I would like to make a front spider like that for my suit, how did you get the print and copy it ? what did you print it too? foam or urethane ? thanks

I printed it onto paper, and traced it onto a rubber sheet. Then using an xacto knife, cut it carefully. It's from kenlandrum's free Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit files. :)

So where did you get the prints from? What is kenlandrums free amazing files. What rubber sheet ? where did you get that from?

Huh, very interested in your photos.

Alright, sorry for the delay, I had puffy painted part of the mask and had to let it dry.

Screen Shot 2015-07-26 at 7.44.08 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-26 at 7.45.33 AM.png

It's not 100% solved, so I'll still be sewing that elastic strap around the neck.

So where did you get the prints from? What is kenlandrums free amazing files. What rubber sheet ? where did you get that from?

I got the main pattern file from kenlandrum. I then took it to photoshop and split it into parts so that the seams are where they should be. You can check out his free Amazing Spider-Man 2 files here: The Amazing Spider-man 2 - 3D Print Files/Pattern - FREE

A rubber sheet is a flat sheet of rubber. Imagine a sheet of paper, but rubber and thicker. I got it from a local hardware store.

Last edited:

That's not the same suit you were asking about, lol

Uhhhhhm? @thejakemoore I was saying that the problem was similar to AStrikerJ21 on YouTube. The pictures of the neck problem were screen caps from his TASM zentai tutorial.

By the way, does anybody know how to solve the neck problem on a suit? It's too dark take pics here at home, but here's what it looks like:

View attachment 504875View attachment 504874View attachment 504876

These are from AStrikerJ21 on YouTube. As you can see, the neck is too thick and not really skin tight. Will puffy painting be able to solve this? Or do I need to sew some kind of elastic strap inside?

I guess I didn't really clear that out. I apologize. But if you look at this picture, you'll see that there are indeed some problems on the neck, specially on the left side.

Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 6.36.56 AM.png

Last edited:

Alright, so I'm trying to find the perfect material for the trigger pads. So far, this thin $1 mousepad seems to be flexible enough and it has a grainy-ish texture to it.

_DSC0130.JPG_DSC0131.JPG

However, I'm trying to achieve this "engraved" look that the actual trigger pad has.

Screen Shot 2015-07-26 at 4.11.01 PM.png

So I'm currently puffy painting it one layer at a time.

Last edited:

Alright. Here are pics of the half puffy'd mask and suit.

_DSC0132.JPG_DSC0133.JPG_DSC0134.JPG_DSC0135.JPG_DSC0136.JPG

You can kinda see the eyeholes. I'm debating on whether or not I should glue the mask to the face shell or not.

For the trigger, you could try using craft foam sheets and drawing the engraved lines with a soldering iron. Then spray it with plasti-dip and then red paint.

For the trigger, you could try using craft foam sheets and drawing the engraved lines with a soldering iron. Then spray it with plasti-dip and then red paint.

I'll give it a try after I finish puffy painting this current one I'm making :)

Pants.

_DSC0137.JPG_DSC0138.JPG_DSC0141.JPG

I'll be replacing the separating zipper with a longer one as you can see it's stretched out too far at the back.

Last edited:

Trigger pads I made. I used the mousepad, cut it to shape, spray painted it red, etched the pattern with a soldering iron and resprayed it red. Tell me what you guys think. :)

_DSC0143.JPG_DSC0145.JPG_DSC0146.JPG

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back