Suggestion materials section proposal

DizzyStrmtroopr

we really need a dedicated section on this forum for materials and crafting tips. I propose under costumes & props or as a new tab itself a section for mold making, vac tables, bondo and resin etc discussions. perhaps sculpture could be a subforum in it? there seems to be an influx of threads for resin and bondo questions for example, star wars items, but those are focused on materials themselves and dont necessarily belong in the star wars section.

I agree, would be really helpful to have somewhere dedicated to techniques and problems that arise...
Share experience.

Great suggestion diz

yknow on the subject, I was thinking whats the difference between oomoo 30 and rebound 25, and if I can hot glue silicone to make mother mold mohawks, and other such questions which theres nowhere to post something like that for help

bump because I don't know what kind of glue to use on cured expanding foam, where am I supposed to ask something like that!
If you are making a prop, you can put it in the main prop forum. If it is a costume piece that you are going to wear, main costuming forum. :)

I support the idea of a section for materials because I believe it could offer somewhere for rookies to read up and learn a bit of the theories behind working with certain materials and such an area would be beneficial for the community as a whole.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back