Master Replica 'Prototype' ?!

I'm always in the market for something new and different, especially something that is a bit..rare. However during one of my regualar searches of the Evilbay I noticed a Stormtrooper Helmet being sold which claims to be a very rare 'prototype' from Master Replicas. The seller is 'pick0' from the UK and suggests he/she will be seller other rare stuff in the furture.
To the experts - Is this as rare and cool as the seller suggests?
and - is it worth the money?

Item number: 170687334944

thanks in advance :thumbsup

I have never seen any like that one but it's really unsharp (look at the vocoder area) and doesn't look like the MR helmets. I wouldn't buy it, but I'm not an expert.

Looks like a scam to me...I like how his other items he's selling are "prototypes." The stormtrooper helmet from MR is a solid one piece helmet. That my friend is a vacuum formed piece.

Don't waste your time

Oh yea, his Lord of the rings "prototype" ring plaque is clearly photoshopped too where it says "limited edition," right next to it where the number is, he clearly edited out...

This is a hack, avoid, please. Don't make a stupid mistake

I kinda had that feeling (but the geek in me did not want to miss something!)
Seems like the old expression, if it looks like **** and smells like ****, must be **** :unsure

I'm always wary of prototypes on eBay. I remember years ago there was a guy who claimed to be selling Power Rangers toy prototypes, which turned out to be a bunch of random plastic toys glued together. Things like this might be prototypes by a very loose definition, but I suspect most people who buy them aren't getting anything near what they were expecting.

I don't know about the helmet, but I looked at the remote and one ring. I painted the mockup for the remote. The one ring mockup was done in China.

The pics are pretty low rez/small, so I can't really tell anything. I was hoping to be able to spot some "tell" but I can't with those pics.

Proceed with great caution...

Haha !!

There is also the eBay Luke's Episode VI prototype for $2000 !!

"The pre production prototypes were produced for internal use by Master Replicas. I have these because I previously worked for Master Replica for 2 years and these remained with me when the company closed down. Making this a potentially one of a kind item, perfect for any Master Replica Collector. Probably one of only times this saber will ever be available for sale."

And the STAR WARS LUKE ELITE 1/1 CONSOR episode V... For $5000 !!

"This Master Replicas Elite Edition Sabre was produced for the original hedge fund founders of Master Replicas, Consor Capital. I have this item because I previously worked for Master Replicas for 2 years and these remained with me when the company closed down. Only one of this item was produced and it was never given to Consor Capital as the original fund managers had left the company. For the true Master Replicas completist this Is a must. The item is Mint in Box and has never been displayed. The lid of the case has been open to check that the plaque was within."

the plaques on the remote looks like "limited edition" to me... and yes, i have been scratching my head on the "consor" which is going like 5000.... might check with ronnie on that.. LOL

For the sabers, I don't know if the guy is a member here, so I will give him a reasonable doubt ! But it's strange...

I have searched everywhere for a list of master replicas items, or some information about their prototypes ... Nothing...

Haha !!

There is also the eBay Luke's Episode VI prototype for $2000 !!

"The pre production prototypes were produced for internal use by Master Replicas. I have these because I previously worked for Master Replica for 2 years and these remained with me when the company closed down. Making this a potentially one of a kind item, perfect for any Master Replica Collector. Probably one of only times this saber will ever be available for sale."

And the STAR WARS LUKE ELITE 1/1 CONSOR episode V... For $5000 !!

"This Master Replicas Elite Edition Sabre was produced for the original hedge fund founders of Master Replicas, Consor Capital. I have this item because I previously worked for Master Replicas for 2 years and these remained with me when the company closed down. Only one of this item was produced and it was never given to Consor Capital as the original fund managers had left the company. For the true Master Replicas completist this Is a must. The item is Mint in Box and has never been displayed. The lid of the case has been open to check that the plaque was within."

I picked up a Brand New Luke ANH Elite on Black Friday and it was missing the Plaque and all that... (it was supposed to be new). All I got was the saber, stand, cover & shipping materials. Anyway I talked to the shop owner and he still had a couple artist proofs but when he looked at the plaque he said they came with the Consor Capital Plaque so I'm getting one of those instead. It seems there are 3 of those reported to be in existance so far and I paid less than retail!

Last edited:
I picked up a Brand New Luke ANH Elite on Black Friday and it was missing the Plaque and all that... (it was supposed to be new). All I got was the saber, stand, cover & shipping materials. Anyway I talked to the shop owner and he still had a couple artist proofs but when he looked at the plaque he said they came with the Consor Capital Plaque so I'm getting one of those instead. It seems there are 3 of those reported to be in existance so far and I paid less than retail!

The Consor capital lightsabers were made for the venture capital company that worked with MR. If I recall, we made around 25 of them! They were passed out as a gift by the owner of Consor Capital.

Bryan

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back