Mass Effect M-3 Predator

Panzer

So when these were offered I just ouldn't resist, plus SDCC was coming up and I was working with Bioware so that made it even more irresistible. So with about a week until SDCC I got to work.

It was a pretty clean cast. Only a few rough spots here and there, some bubbles that were and easy fix, and such.

BoVHvh.jpg

Y2wELh.jpg

GlguLh.jpg

Forged by the god himself

5p2S6h.jpg

mpMUih.jpg

size comparison

E4qogh.jpg

Excuse the mess as I began painting

IggyIh.jpg

Finished

tI7Ijh.jpg

I wanted it weathered because I figured I'm Commander Shepherd, I use my gun ALOT! I mean I love Renegade options. So when SDCC came around I carried this when I was working the Xplay panel and the Old Republic panel, though each time I was in a Star Wars costume. someday I'll have to get me the armor to match this gun.

Last edited:
Very cool! I have a few people sending me this exact same kit to paint. Now I'm looking forward to doing them even more! Thanks for posting the pics!

Cool Gun! Not a fan of the paint job though.

Start with a clean paint job! Use rattle cans or an airbrush and tape off areas that are different colors! Very thin coats of paint and let each dry for about 10 minutes.

Throw a Testors Dullcote over the black areas. The white areas should have been masked off.

FB

My tape bled through so I went in with some cheap acrylics. Florida humidity didn't help much either.Someday I'll probably go back and re do it a bit cleaner. I've never actually painted anything like this before.

My pleasure, be sure to post yours up, I could certainly use some tips on making it better.

I'll be very happy to do so. Are the letters printed into the gun recessed or raised? It's a bit hard to tell from the pictures I've seen of the gun. Looks raised, but that goes against what I would expect :) Thanks Panzer!

I'll be very happy to do so. Are the letters printed into the gun recessed or raised? It's a bit hard to tell from the pictures I've seen of the gun. Looks raised, but that goes against what I would expect :) Thanks Panzer!

They are just so slightly raised. I can try to get some better pictures if you'd like.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back