Mass Effect 3 - N7 Pistol Build

chinbeard

Mass Effect 3 can't come out soon enough! I really liked the M5 Phalanx pistol from the ME2 DLC and originally wanted to make a prop of that, but when I saw that there would be a DLC with more weapons for ME3, I decided I needed to make one of those instead! I ended up picking the N7 pistol because it is very similar to the M5 Phalanx. There was one image of it online, so I am using that for reference.
View attachment 74419
I used that image to come up with a vector, printed it out and got to work!
View attachment 74418
I'm building this gun similar to my Battlestar Galactica Colonial Handgun. I have a lot of foam PVC lying around from previous builds, so I mostly am using layers of that epoxied together.
View attachment 74420
View attachment 74421
So far Things are going pretty well, though I had a tough time judging how thick the gun should be. I am using references of the 3D model of the M5 to sleuth it out, but I've had to make some adjustments.
View attachment 74422
I'm building the gun in pieces so that the cast parts will have to be assembled. I figure that this way I will have an easier time of adding moving parts or electronics if necessary. Also, this will allow for the gun to be modded to the M5 pretty easily.

That is starting to look very good. :thumbsup Styrene is such a great material to work with. I'll be following this thread with great interrest.

I'm so astonished at how people can make this stuff out of foam. Great job so far.

Yeah that build is looking very good.

Foam can be versatile in solving some problems of prop design/repro. I think it comes down to what material you're comfortable working with and how you solve the design problems presented.

This is looking veeeery familiar... The top portion of my M-5 Phalanx kits (the only part that I can tell are different between the M-5 and N7) is molded separately, and would pretty much drop on to one of these guys. If you're interested, we might could work out a swap!

This is looking veeeery familiar... The top portion of my M-5 Phalanx kits (the only part that I can tell are different between the M-5 and N7) is molded separately, and would pretty much drop on to one of these guys. If you're interested, we might could work out a swap!

I hope you guys made your pistols the same scale! I wish we had a clear reference on exactly how big these ME guns are.

I hope you guys made your pistols the same scale! I wish we had a clear reference on exactly how big these ME guns are.

I have millimeter measurements from BioWare of the N7 rifle - that could be used as a reference, assuming all models in game are built to the same scale.

I have millimeter measurements from BioWare of the N7 rifle - that could be used as a reference, assuming all models in game are built to the same scale.

if only we had a bunch of side views in game to compare. we're still left guessing quite a bit. Volpin, how long is your avenger? I was guessing about 32"

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back