Mask Need Help

predatorposer

hello all my name is Dillon i go by predatorposer ive been a die hard fan of the predator/AVP movies ever since i saw them i own them all on blu ray and im working on making my own suit the only problem i have is i have no clue how to make my own mask or where to even begin on the mask you all have amazing talent and skills when it comes to these things, i would by one but its much more fun to create your own and have pride in your work please help

hello all my name is Dillon i go by predatorposer ive been a die hard fan of the predator/AVP movies ever since i saw them i own them all on blu ray and im working on making my own suit the only problem i have is i have no clue how to make my own mask or where to even begin on the mask you all have amazing talent and skills when it comes to these things, i would by one but its much more fun to create your own and have pride in your work please help
Check out The Monster Makers, which has a brief introduction to mask making. They also have an E-book that you can download for $10 that tells you all the details and gives you hints about the process. I learned pretty much everything I need to know about mask making from that book.

Get some WED clay. Water based clay. Very easy to work with.

Get some basic sculpting tools which can be bought of made as you go.

Get alot of pictures of what you are going to sculpt. Study them intensely before you begin work.

Then start putting some clay together. It will be difficult at first. Stick with it.

A typical sculpt takes a while to evolve and progress so DO NOT rush it.

Note==== Be sure to cover the Sculpture with plastic, WED clay will dry out and ruin if not kept wet.

When you are finished witht he sculpt come back and we can explain the next step. How to MOLD IT! Fun part! :)

awesome thank you very much both of you! ill take my time on it cuz i want to do it right i hope it turns out as good as other peoples, some people on here have a pure gift, thanx again

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back