Marvel Legends Ant-Man helmet @ $94 - good deal?

squirk

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This helmet has been sitting in my Amazon cart for a long time, and I'm trying to decide whether to delete it or buy it.

I've never really looked at the Marvel Legends helmets, but if they are anything like the Star Wars Black Series helmets, $94 can be a screaming deal or it can be just so-so.

I'm not a student of the AM helmets, so in terms of accuracy and build quality, any thoughts on where this Legends helmet falls on that continuum?

Please and thanks.

I love mine. It's the only Hasbro helmet I've yet to upgrade to a higher end one. I do think the paintjob could be nicer. The silver doesn't look very metallic, which seems typical of Hasbro when you look at their Stormbreaker, Mjolnir, or Cap shield.

There is a design flaw in that the back flap doesn't stay shut at all. It is an easy fix if you just get four magnets and superglue. I also recommend removing the hardhat liner and uncomfortable rubber eyemask.

I love mine. It's the only Hasbro helmet I've yet to upgrade to a higher end one. I do think the paintjob could be nicer. The silver doesn't look very metallic, which seems typical of Hasbro when you look at their Stormbreaker, Mjolnir, or Cap shield.

There is a design flaw in that the back flap doesn't stay shut at all. It is an easy fix if you just get four magnets and superglue. I also recommend removing the hardhat liner and uncomfortable rubber eyemask.
Thanks. Yeah, that semi-matte nonsense I see on the upcoming Mando helmet is exactly what had me concerned. Do you suppose the helmet can be safely stripped down (lenses and all greebs removed) for repainting? Or not so much?

Thanks. Yeah, that semi-matte nonsense I see on the upcoming Mando helmet is exactly what had me concerned. Do you suppose the helmet can be safely stripped down (lenses and all greebs removed) for repainting? Or not so much?
Yeah, I've taken mine completely apart before. It's a lot of separate pieces screwed together.

A few people here have repaint theirs:

Post in thread 'Marvel Legends Ant-Man helmet revealed' Marvel Legends Ant-Man helmet revealed

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back