Marvel Heroes - Diablo Style MMO

EyeofSauron

Master Member
well, marvel finally went ahead and anounced the game (they announced the first chars back in july last year, but no facts)
Yesterday they threw out a bit of news, which all seems pretty cool

it is made by Gazillion Entertainment, who also worked on Diablo 1 and 2, and will also be in the style of Diablo. You will be able to choose your character out of all the marvel heroes ever (8000+ it seems), alltho it seems not all will be available right from the beginning (as they only revealed 10 or so chars by now)

yesterday they also came out with the first teaser trailer you can see here:
Marvel Heroes: Trailer 1 - YouTube

and here is the website
Marvel Heroes Latest Updates | MarvelHeroes.com

i have mixed feelings about this. on one hand i wanted a marvel MMO, but i wanted it similar to DCUO, where you can create your own superheroes. here you can choose one of all the heroes, but i can see a bazillion people just playing the avengers or XMen chars, or spiderman. you are able to customize each char, and get gear, but i dont see how that is possible with the hulk for example. all he can change are his shorts xD

still looking forward to this, as its Free 2 play

I hopefully the end up reviving some of the really old characters folks have forgotten about instead of having 300 of the same x-men around.

well, they allready announced squirrel girl and cable, both not THAT well known (well cable maybe a little more known, but squirrel girl? :D she was in like 10 comics. but i think its theright direction)

I was hoping for a DCUO or Champions Online style game myself. It is cool that they are bringing out tons of characters though I suspect that most everyone will play the 'favorites.'

Looks like nothing new to me. If I hadn't known it was gonna be a MMO, I would of assumed it was a trailer for a new Xmen Legends or Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

So, you click a lot to kill stuff so that you can get more stuff so that you can click a lot and kill more stuff....as a superhero?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back