Mark 42/43 Helmet FIles Ready for 3D Print! -FREE

I just got a ROBO 3D R1+ over the weekend and this is one of the first prints I made with it. I think I will need to try different ways of slicing the parts so there isn't so much support printed. Thank you for the great files. This 3d printing stuff is a lot of fun so far.
72343_10110463310947874_8739125802076453368_n.jpg

I just got a ROBO 3D R1+ over the weekend and this is one of the first prints I made with it. I think I will need to try different ways of slicing the parts so there isn't so much support printed. Thank you for the great files. This 3d printing stuff is a lot of fun so far.
View attachment 608701

JA - I used simplify 3D to final print.
On full default medium settings it prints lovely - with supports
Its a paid for program but worth it IMHO

JA - I used simplify 3D to final print.
On full default medium settings it prints lovely - with supports
Its a paid for program but worth it IMHO

Thanks, I will have to check that out. I just used the software that came with the printer. It seems to work good but I will check out Simplify 3D

I also printed two as the first one didn't fit lololol.
The first one is done and lacquered , the second one is just about ready to colour top coat

Those look amazing. Hope I can get mine to look that good.

Thank you.

Thanks, I will have to check that out. I just used the software that came with the printer. It seems to work good but I will check out Simplify 3D

Those look amazing. Hope I can get mine to look that good.

Thank you.

Thanks for that.
I just glued the parts with Cyanoacrylate adhesive then poured some fibreglass and resin inside to stiffen.
The outside has a fine scraping of body filler then sand and prime etc etc.

Thanks for that.
I just glued the parts with Cyanoacrylate adhesive then poured some fibreglass and resin inside to stiffen.
The outside has a fine scraping of body filler then sand and prime etc etc.

Sounds like a good plan to me. I will most likely be using that method too. Can I also ask what colors you used to paint the helmet?

Thanks again!

Sounds like a good plan to me. I will most likely be using that method too. Can I also ask what colors you used to paint the helmet?

Thanks again!

Theyre probably not movie accurate but look really good and I like it lol
I used citreon wicked red metallic and Nissan bright gold.
Both coated with about 3 or 4 thin coats of clear lacquer - all purchased as rattlecans from Halfords.
gentle sanding with wet & dry 1200 grit (used wet) in between coats

Thanks for sharing. Not sure what build I am going with but always need a hand up on this since I am just getting into 3D printing. I bought a printer yesterday and just started printing some stuff trying to get the hang of it.

THANKS! I really appreciate the files that you post! I am a newbie to cosplay when it comes to building my own suits and I am trying to learn to build in 4D and work with Pepakura. I hear so many people say they have Macs and can't open the files but I bought the full version and run it on my Parallels side of my Mac. Finding stuff for MK 42 has been tuff. So I am very thankful to have found this old post.

Slow but steady! They are coming along but slowly. It's taking quite a bit of time because I have to separate a lot of parts

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back