Mark 42/43 Helmet FIles Ready for 3D Print! -FREE

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by devildog12, Aug 10, 2015.

1. devildog12

devildog12 Active Member

This is the model everyone here is always searching for! Its the Mark 42/43 ready for 3d printing! I have printed it, check out my other thread http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=241299 for pics of it and some other cool stuff I'm doing to it. This the Gimpee model that has been converted from a pep file. There are 2 versions in the file, one with the jaw attached and one without (if you want to motorize it). I have scaled it so it should fit a ~7.5 inch head plus I've already ran it through Netfabb Cloud for repair issues. All you have to do is print it!

Front.JPG Jaw Attached.JPG Jaw Unattached.JPG

http://www.4shared.com/zip/-G9RI_xFce/Mark_42_Helmet.html

Backup dropbox location: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ccqx54tqdsgvr3x/AABfJ6fNp-VhfD_zgfetSLePa?dl=0

Special thanks goes out to gimpee for this model!

P.S. Don't sell this model, I want it to be free for people because it took me awhile to learn how to convert stuff in Blender and I just want to give back to the community! Also I DON'T want this model posted on thingiverse. Thanks -devil

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  2. creative stress

creative stress Well-Known Member

Re: Mark 42/43 Helmet Ready for 3D Print!

Exelent as always Devildog will give this go wen i finished my other glove thanks

workshop

3. Thain

Thain Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

You have no idea how happy you have made me. Thank you!!

4. devildog12

devildog12 Active Member

No problem, I want to give back to the community and not keep the files to myself.

Thain likes this.
  5. THOMPSONLEE

THOMPSONLEE New Member

Thank you for sharing these wonderful files!!!

6. Shadeling

Shadeling Well-Known Member

Looks Fantastic :)

7. ubcs86

ubcs86 Active Member

Did an extra split for typical to the MK3's that are floating around for the bottom back to help keep it clamped on my head. First parts off the printer look solid!
    When it starts to come together I'll make sure I upload some pics. Thanks a ton for this! I've been ripping my hair out trying to work with a model I had and was ready to give up!

8. ubcs86

ubcs86 Active Member

IMG_2950.JPG IMG_2951.JPG
    Prints came out GREAT! Now to epoxy and prep. Fit up done with hot glue blobs. The thickness is perfect of the parts, thin enough to work the pieces together and thick enough to not worry about an accidental drop.

9. devildog12

devildog12 Active Member

Good to hear!

10. minhtommy

minhtommy New Member

Hi , great solid 3d print you got there!. I'm curious about the setup of your print (layer height, how thick is it...)

11. devildog12

devildog12 Active Member

Thickness if I remember correctly is around 1-1.25mm thick. As far as layer height goes, that is up to you and your specific 3d printer. I've originally printed this helmet at .3mm and it came out great, I then re-printed it at .2mm and it was still good. Like I said, layer height it up to you, thickness is just thick enough not to waste filament but still look good and be solid.

minhtommy likes this.
  12. misoga27

misoga27 New Member

im glad i asked the right person for the helmet haha also you said 7.5 inches from where to where?

13. devildog12

devildog12 Active Member

It's around 7 1/2 inches from ear to ear. It should be enough for you to add electronics, padding and such. But if your worried about it being too big, scale it down to your liking.

14. misoga27

misoga27 New Member

Capture.PNG is the back piece supposed to be a tad small or does it have to match the rest of the main piece?

15. devildog12

devildog12 Active Member

Its supposed to be like that. It gives it some depth

16. misoga27

misoga27 New Member

thanks man already got the faceplate and chin printed
    any new projects from you coming up?

17. claymore61

claymore61 Well-Known Member

Hi Devildog,
    Just thought i'd chime in here - I printed your files and love it - a wee bit neat for me and my melonhead, but I'm gonna reprint after scaling.
    I'll use this one to experiment with electronics, hinges and paint etc.
    Just at the sanding , filling, sanding ,filling , undercoat stage etc.

THanks for sharing.

12742124_973870862692340_8272912786773837523_n.jpg 12744603_973870792692347_1869155457568946269_n.jpg 12802956_977873268958766_3462340886949150688_n.jpg

devildog12 likes this.
  18. JAnderson392

JAnderson392 Active Member

Is it just the helmet that is the same on both suits, or is the full suit them same for both the mark 42 & 43 with different paint schemes?

19. devildog12

devildog12 Active Member

This is only the helmet for the mark 42/43.

claymore61 likes this.
  20. JAnderson392

I just meant the suits in general. If the designs were the same. But with different paint colors.

21. JAnderson392

I just got a ROBO 3D R1+ over the weekend and this is one of the first prints I made with it. I think I will need to try different ways of slicing the parts so there isn't so much support printed. Thank you for the great files. This 3d printing stuff is a lot of fun so far.
    72343_10110463310947874_8739125802076453368_n.jpg

22. claymore61

JA - I used simplify 3D to final print.
    On full default medium settings it prints lovely - with supports
    Its a paid for program but worth it IMHO

23. claymore61

I also printed two as the first one didn't fit lololol.
    The first one is done and lacquered , the second one is just about ready to colour top coat

IMG_0595.JPG IMG_0609.JPG IMG_0638.JPG

jerrybatacas likes this.
  24. JAnderson392

Thanks, I will have to check that out. I just used the software that came with the printer. It seems to work good but I will check out Simplify 3D

Those look amazing. Hope I can get mine to look that good.

Thank you.

25. claymore61

Thanks for that.
    I just glued the parts with Cyanoacrylate adhesive then poured some fibreglass and resin inside to stiffen.
    The outside has a fine scraping of body filler then sand and prime etc etc.

26. JAnderson392

Sounds like a good plan to me. I will most likely be using that method too. Can I also ask what colors you used to paint the helmet?

Thanks again!

27. claymore61

Theyre probably not movie accurate but look really good and I like it lol
    I used citreon wicked red metallic and Nissan bright gold.
    Both coated with about 3 or 4 thin coats of clear lacquer - all purchased as rattlecans from Halfords.
    gentle sanding with wet & dry 1200 grit (used wet) in between coats

28. HeroesRush

HeroesRush New Member

Thanks for sharing. Not sure what build I am going with but always need a hand up on this since I am just getting into 3D printing. I bought a printer yesterday and just started printing some stuff trying to get the hang of it.

29. HeroesRush

HeroesRush New Member

THANKS! I really appreciate the files that you post! I am a newbie to cosplay when it comes to building my own suits and I am trying to learn to build in 4D and work with Pepakura. I hear so many people say they have Macs and can't open the files but I bought the full version and run it on my Parallels side of my Mac. Finding stuff for MK 42 has been tuff. So I am very thankful to have found this old post.

30. WhataboutTerry

WhataboutTerry New Member

Thanks so much for this they are truly awesome

31. Menissalt

Menissalt New Member

Is there any way we could get a model with slightly thicker walls? I've been trying but I just don't know enough yet.

32. nosequehacer

nosequehacer Member

Nice helmet. I´m gonna print it. Are you planning in made the rest of the suit?

33. devildog12

devildog12 Active Member

I've got the rest of the suit but it's not quite print-ready yet. A couple more weeks and it should be good.
    Mark42.JPG

34. JAnderson392

That is the best news I've heard in a while! Thank you.

35. ubcs86

ubcs86 Active Member

Looks awesome! Very excited to see it ready to rock. What is the default scale you are building to?

36. devildog12

devildog12 Active Member

I'm gonna swing for 182cm which is about 6ft. and that way it can be scaled up or down and still be okay.

Lt Artard likes this.
  37. nosequehacer

nosequehacer Member

Amazing work

38. JAnderson392

Just wondering how the progress of the suit is coming along?

39. devildog12

devildog12 Active Member

Slow but steady! They are coming along but slowly. It's taking quite a bit of time because I have to separate a lot of parts

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    ubcs86 likes this.
  40. JAnderson392

I can see that there is a lot involved with the suit. I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Your stuff is amazing!

41. Huang

Huang Jr Member

Thanks for the helmet files. Any updates on the rest of the suit? I wanted to purchase one from Do3D, but if this suit will be released soon then I'll be able to use the money towards filler and paint.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  42. Bcarp100

Bcarp100 Member

This is awesome I've been looking for decent files to print a suit for ever now! Thank you for your hard work!

43. devildog12

devildog12 Active Member

Unfortunately the drive with most of my models and the Mk 42 suit crashed before Christmas. Hopefully I can find the time to redo the suit soon and post it up for you guys. Sorry for the slow response.

44. Huang

Huang Jr Member

Just wondering if it's just me, or if there's something incorrect about the file. After printing once, I've noticed that the faceplate doesn't exactly fit snug into the helmet. I figured it was some minor warping so made a new one but that had the same problem as well. So I checked the measurements within netfabb and it appears the widest opening on the top of the faceplate forehead (between the two tips of the left and right side) is only about 91.5mm. But on the helmet itself, the width of the forehead piece is nearly 94mm. It doesn't seem like anyone else has had this problem, I'm currently trying to fix it with some light sanding.