ManCave prop room Themed POTC / Haunted Mansion UPDATE 2016

Re: ManCave prop room Themed POTC / Haunted Mansion UPDATE 9/30

Nice tk...love me some mansion stuff.

I was sick, but I managed to get the wainscotting in the theater done...pics to follow.

mike

Yes, that stanchion head is from Rylo. The stretching portrait is one I restored from original artwork and had printed on canvass. I have the other three in progress to hang along side it eventually.

Mike, I can't wait to see some photos of the wainscoting...

Any updates? Eagerly looking forward to more photos I can steal ideas from. ;)

We're moving into the Pirates/Tiki bar construction phase now...first step is getting the chimney which hasn't been used in 12 years cleaned and ready for use.

Any updates? Eagerly looking forward to more photos I can steal ideas from. ;)

We're moving into the Pirates/Tiki bar construction phase now...first step is getting the chimney which hasn't been used in 12 years cleaned and ready for use.

No updates...money is tight.
The only thing I am working on are lanterns mounted on either side of the shelf behind the bar. Should make some progress on that this weekend.
mike

Small update. I had bought a 3 tierd lamp post from Big Lots for $25 at a closeout sale (they are at home depot for $300.)
I took the lanterns of and cut the wiring so I could use battery operated candles. I painted them flat black, the wife thickly coated the clear glass with orange glass paint so the glass looked aged and rippled.
I bought wooden plaques from Michaels and glued googlie eyes on for rivets. The skulls might go on the plaques but I have 3 lanterns I'm going to put up and 2 skulls.
I also will paint rust dripping down the walls under the plaques.

mike

Re: ManCave prop room Themed POTC / Haunted Mansion UPDATE 12/16

Wow! Amazing; I can't wait to see where this goes. Are you going to have full-size skeleton pirates and other swag? This is totally reminding me of the Disney ride. Good luck!!

Very nice. Might have to check out Big Lots today...

Very nice. Might have to check out Big Lots today...

I bought them like 3 or 4 years ago. They have just been in the boxes out in the garage.

And yes Remorazz, I will have a few skeletons and some whiskey barrels...possibly one barrel as a garbage can, and one as a stand for my popcorn machine.

mike

99% done with the pirate side. Got the flooring, shoe molding, french door molding and built my counter top and wine rack...just need to hide the lights for the cabinets and and build sliding doors to hide plumbing access. Counter top is stained red, with black stained stripes on the ends and a black backsplash, also added rivits to the front trim piece.

As far as the theater side...I am putting up embossed wallpaper on the ceiling that looks like ceiling tiles next weekend.
Here's a few pics.

New date for completion is April 10th funds willing

mike

Theater ceiling work nearing completion.
Used embossed wallpaper on the ceiling ($13 a roll + paint/ ceiling cost $70 total)
I painted the ceiling with an esspresso bean brown, then the wife started dry brushing acrylic gold paint over it.
There's a before and after the gold pic in there. Only have about have the ceiling in gold right now (about 3 hours of dry brushing, and 3 hours more to go)

Plus made a pirate skull and mounted it behind the bar. On either side of the skull I will add either swords or flintlock pistols mounted next to it.
Mike

Last edited:
Re: ManCave prop room Themed POTC / Haunted Mansion UPDATE 3/9

Does anyone know good sources to get good Haunted Mansion portraits from, had a good friend who is looking fro some in his den as well.

Does anyone know good sources to get good Haunted Mansion portraits from, had a good friend who is looking fro some in his den as well.

Stretching portraits or the ghost pictures on the wall.
I may have some of the ghost pics in a saved file...but the stretching ones I haven't found a good inexpensive source.
mike

Either one, I have a friend who is also doing a room with the Haunted Mansion theme. Anything would be appreciated.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back