Maltese Falcon

Every one here has a different opinion (just check out the Vader threads). You did the legwork, you compared screenshots, you sculpted it and the bird looks great the way it is. If they want something changed, then they can sculpt it themselves or buy yours and change it themselves.

I'm strongly considering getting one of these for my office.

Heh, I wasn't sure if everyone caught what I did. I actually Photoshopped Oz's unfinished/unpainted bird into that screencap from the movie to show just how close it looks even at that stage. I think it managed to fool some people, and that's why it says it all!

Cheater!! :lol

As a critic of my own work in making and editing videos, i can agree with Oz in siting there where you can spend 4 more weeks if you want to go over right down to every detail.
I m very happy with what Ozymandius has done and it is a rival to the MK mold. I would be happy to have it on display at my place.
As a film maker, i always wanted a dingus and thanks to Oz, the last line of the film can be very true for me. Thanks Oz

Last edited:
And yet you seriously think that you are going to scan over a photo for a few minutes, not knowing a damn thing about sculpture or camera optics, and find something that I haven't? Seriously?

My apologies to everyone else on this thread for my outburst. This is the very situation I have been trying desperately to avoid. I've been insulted again and again, and each time I've tried to respond with good humor, but enough is enough.

If its me:
-I'm just asking questions,that you've clearly not stated(or perhaps i'm missing something?),so i'm asking.
-I'm just trying to help out,and no i'm not a profectional model maker. Yes,i drew the 'sketch' only with windows paint.
-If all the above seems like insulted you,its really not my intentions,I'm sorry.

As a lifelong Maltese Falcon fan the announcement of scarts and eltees wallet set, and now Ozzys amazing scupture-well I feel like a kid on Xmas eve. Now if I can just get my hands on a Webley Fosbery.

I too agree with you Oz and everyone who says, the bird is ready to cook, so let's put it in the pot. Great work sir!!

"I dream of the stuff it's made of." :)

-Mac

Heh, I wasn't sure if everyone caught what I did. I actually Photoshopped Oz's unfinished/unpainted bird into that screencap from the movie to show just how close it looks even at that stage. I think it managed to fool some people, and that's why it says it all!

Mind you the scale/angle is off and I accidentally removed a bit of the beak, but here they are side by side (Oz's on the left; original on the right):

wqu36e.jpg

Holy ****! I didn't even catch that! :lol

I've just spoken with Andy via PM, but I just wanted to publiclly acknowlege that that was damn classy of him and wanted to extend my own apology for popping off at him.

Water under the bridge, buddy. :thumbsup

Oh crap! I almost forgot to mention that due to the 3 day weekend and a sudden rush job that came in, I won't be able to pick up casting materials until later in the week. That means that the earliest I can have the finished pics is Friday. :angry

Okay, time to vent...

This makes three weeks in a row that I get a phone call on Saturday that delays the job. First I get a call from my long lost natural father, whom I've met only once before, so that I can go rushing across state lines to be at his bedside as he goes into heart surgery. And while there I find out that I have brothers and sisters that I never knew about and that we get along great. I get back home and not two days later I get a call from my adopted father that my parapalegic younger brother had committed suicide while I was in transit. I go rushing back only to find out in route that my psychotic mother had blamed me for his death and barred me from the funeral and threatened my frail, elderly father with bodily harm if he told me, but that he was so distraught he snuck off and called me anyway. And then I go see my best friend from college only to find out that he's completely filpped his lid and joined the Aryan Nation(sp) and covered his body in swastika tatoos! Then I finally drag myself home again and finally finish the damn bird only to have the phone ring for the first time in over 3 months with a paying job. Only hitch is the damned idiot wants me to show up at 6 in the morning and I live an hour away, and just to make it a little more fun, I have chemo that afternoon and have to leave early and rush back so that I can get pumped full of concentrated poison where I will at least get to sleep for the first time since Saturday.

And you know what the kicker is?... This is an average month. :confused

Wow, Oz
Sorry life is that hard and weird. Maybe that is why you are so good at your sculpts. It takes you away from all that ****. Hope you get better and things become less average.
Again, no rush in getting the casting done. We all are fans, collectors, and hobbyists. We will support each other and we all also know you cant rush great art.

OMG Oz, it truly sounds like you need a vacation (or maybe a new phone number). You certainly have many more pressing issues to deal with than "the dingus"; first and formost is your own health. Please take care of yourself and your family and friends and do not stress about us.

Be well sir!!

-Mac

Last edited:
Holy friggin crap dude! All I can say is break out the pen and paper and start writing a wierd, dark comedy about your life. I hope all works out.

And from one Cancer Survivor to another...hang in there brother!

OZ, thank you for your pm!! I don't know how we got to where we did with the comments that were made, as I think anyone here can see I was only trying to help... But I am glad we managed to sort things out!

Moving on... I've just read your last post, I'm speechless for once!!!;)

All I can say is that I am very sorry to hear of your recent troubles and I wish you a speedy recover and good health my friend! You've gone through, and are going through a lot by the sound of things. The one positive thing which you can take from this and look forward to in the future is getting to know your new brothers and sisters you have.

Take it Easy mate!

Kind Regards,

Andy

Holy ****! I didn't even catch that! :lol
Phew! I feel like less of a putz.
I think it shows that if you're not scrutinizing the two side-by-side, it's hard to spot the differences. Whereas with some replicas, it's obvious right away that it's nothing like the actual prop. Even the chest on MK's isn't very accurate, but it's close enough that you don't notice unless you're being nitpicky and happen to have some photos handy. Can't say it enough: Excellent work!

Best of luck with everything, Oz. I hope things start to turn around and stay strong.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back