Unlimited Run Maltese Falcon

I think I need to get my eyes checked.... or I have seen WAAAAAAAY to much Star Wars on the site lately.

I was browsing and saw the sales thread title and thought, "ha.... Oz is now making Millennium Falcons?" :lol

Even though Star Wars is awesome, there’s is to much of it here.
That’s fine obviously, but I totally agree with you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just got mine. Beautiful!

Attachments

• maltesefalcon.jpg
    maltesefalcon.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 198
How many pounds are the Hot Bronze castings, I'm looking for the original weight from the movie version roughly 47lbs

How many pounds are the Hot Bronze castings, I'm looking for the original weight from the movie version roughly 47lbs

I won't know the exact weight until the first sample is poured.

But there was never a 47lb version on set. That's a myth. Bogart's personal assistant handled both versions herself and attested that the heavy one was around 18lbs and that Bogart, as slight as he was, could never have handled it if it were nearly 50 lbs.

And as a former Special FX and prop guy, I can tell you that no one in their right mind would ever hand an actor something that heavy and dangerous. Just the 18lb version will shatter bones if you drop it on your foot. That's why we have a saying in the industry "Hand an actor a prop, watch him hurt himself."

It's not what I read , but your correct , no person carried an object that heavy on the set since there were a few stunt props made. I have one from Haunted studio, a solid lead filled polyurethane resin casting of 30 pounds version but interested in Bronze at this time, many thanks!

It's not what I read , but your correct , no person carried an object that heavy on the set since there were a few stunt props made. I have one from Haunted studio, a solid lead filled polyurethane resin casting of 30 pounds version but interested in Bronze at this time, many thanks!

If you can buy the Ozymandius, i have one of 18lbs and it is a real wonder, the best in the market..

$800 is for the 6lb hollow bronze. The foundry says that they cannot pour them solid, otherwise the sculpt would warp and distort.

Okay, apparently the salesman at the foundry is an idiot. After months of telling me that they can't do solid bronze, they can now do solid bronze. I guess he actually bothered to ask someone this time. :rolleyes:

Price on solid bronze is $1450 +sh. No way to tell how heavy it will be until one is poured.

That cold-cast copper is :love::love:. How much does that weigh?

Of course, they're all :love::love:. I LOVE my weighted black bird. I can't believe I've had mine for 8 years!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back