Mal's Planetary Charts

<div class='quotetop'>(moffeaton @ Jun 6 2006, 02:25 PM) [snapback]1257289[/snapback]</div>
:cry
http://www.propstore.com/list/cat_id/1/ob/..._display//movs/
4 down the list...
Mal Planetary charts - wasn't there yesterday. bah.

Who's replicating these bad boys?
[/b]

Whitefall over at PropCircle just announced that he's the lucky bugger that picked up the originals. Replicas would be great. Any of our multitalented graphic artists want to take a stab at them?

<div class='quotetop'>(Darkknight0667 @ Jun 6 2006, 03:00 PM) [snapback]1257305[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(moffeaton @ Jun 6 2006, 02:25 PM) [snapback]1257289[/snapback]
4 down the list...

[/b]

Whitefall over at PropCircle just announced that he's the lucky bugger that picked up the originals. Replicas would be great. Any of our multitalented graphic artists want to take a stab at them?
[/b][/quote]

Cool - glad they went to a fan. I wonder how much he paid...

The Prop Store was nice enough to include measurements in the description. That's a big help. All but the largest text is unreadable :unsure That's a problem. It looks likes it's mostly Chinese, so it could be "Greeked in" and most folks wouldn't no the difference. However, high resolution images where the proper characters could be identifies would be preferable.

That is maximum shiny.

I'll check when I get home, but I'm pretty sure one of these maps (Detail 1) appears in the Serenity roleplaying game. If so, that would be an excellent starting point, assuming our PropCircle friend doesn't express interest in replicating his own prop (I wouldn't blame him if he didn't).

<div class='quotetop'>(RedTwoX @ Jun 6 2006, 12:34 PM) [snapback]1257326[/snapback]</div>
The Prop Store was nice enough to include measurements in the description. That's a big help. All but the largest text is unreadable :unsure That's a problem. It looks likes it's mostly Chinese, so it could be "Greeked in" and most folks wouldn't no the difference. However, high resolution images where the proper characters could be identifies would be preferable.
[/b]

And the middle graphic and the bottom graphic are the same, they just inverted the galaxy image and changed the color on some of the boxes ext, but the text is the same.

<div class='quotetop'>(Ivanhotep @ Jun 6 2006, 03:08 PM) [snapback]1257333[/snapback]</div>
I'm pretty sure one of these maps (Detail 1) appears in the Serenity roleplaying game.
[/b]

Ah Ha. I have a buddy who has that book. I'll need to check with him and see if the "Chinese fine print" is on the image.

<div class='quotetop'></div>
but the text is the same[/b]

Yes, I agree. We just need to know what the text is.

A blown up corner of one also appears as a stand-alone poster in Mal's cabin:

g1_1.jpg

Whitefall also replicated the galaxy map from the promo crate / and "Safe":

http://www.serenitystuff.com/2006/02/01/be...-prop-replicas/

I think that one is just the same screen that shows the location of Miranda, sans Miranda. Somebody check the movie book.

-Mike

<div class='quotetop'>(moffeaton @ Jun 6 2006, 11:25 AM) [snapback]1257289[/snapback]</div>
4 down the list...

[/b]

They update their site early in the morning M-F so if you don't check each day you're gonna miss something. Definately glad they went to a fan and even more so to a fan that posts to replica forums. ;)

I find that most of the time Propstore seems to update their site between 9 and 10 AM GMT (adjust for your own time zone). If I'm up late here in California I try to remember to check for updates before heading to bed.

Todd

Okay, I checked out the RPG map. It is probably screen-used or at the least constructed from graphics files used to create the props, but it isn't a match for any of these, alas.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back