Mal's Firefly pistol

This makes me a mite sad... no original Firefly gun exists now. 该死
Another member of the forum and I both own complete sets of parts that were made as backups during production of the show. So it's not beyond the realms of possibility that a couple of 'original' Firefly guns could be resurrected one day. ;)

The Firefly guns were perfect, there was absolutely no need to change the design. Granted they were prone to falling apart on the show and were unreliable, so I can understand why they modified the internals but not the mods on the outside.

Another member of the forum and I both own complete sets of parts that were made as backups during production of the show. So it's not beyond the realms of possibility that a couple of 'original' Firefly guns could be resurrected one day. ;)

The Firefly guns were perfect, there was absolutely no need to change the design. Granted they were prone to falling apart on the show and were unreliable, so I can understand why they modified the internals but not the mods on the outside.

Would it also not be out of the realm of possibility that a small run of them be offered? Asking for a browncoat friend ;)

I said I was callin' it done. I guess I gorram lied. The painter in me just needs a lighter touch... More in a bit... ;)

Last edited:
In progress (again):
img_20210531_202505-jpg.jpg

Okay, I am officially a fan of Rub N Buff. Not too sure I'd use it on real metal or glass or any super non-porous stuff... you can remove it if you try hard enough (I messed up & used saliva to wipe it off before it dried), but man, this junk really looks like metal. And this is a display piece only so I won't have to worry on wearing it off.

IMG_20210601_172301.jpg

Last edited:
No offense to Vera, but this here is my very favorite gun! Beautiful work, that brass effect is just *chefs kiss*! I'm feeling inspired to try making my own Mal pistol out of wood (since that's what I have around). Well done, sir!

No offense to Vera, but this here is my very favorite gun! Beautiful work, that brass effect is just *chefs kiss*! I'm feeling inspired to try making my own Mal pistol out of wood (since that's what I have around). Well done, sir!
Thanks, but I had just a tiny bit more to do...
Okay, now I really AM finished. I swear by my pretty floral bonnet. ;)
img_20210603_122156_1-jpg.jpg

img_20210603_122214-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back