Mal Reynolds Firefly Pistol

<div class='quotetop'>(Sidewinder @ Aug 13 2006, 11:38 AM) [snapback]1299403[/snapback]</div>
I'm doing a blank firing one using a small starting revolver and the rest outta machined brass and ally.

SAS
[/b]
Sounds like an interesting project? Gonna use the Taurus 85 or some other base gun? Be sure to post progress pictures here, as I'm seriously interested. :thumbsup

Have finished trimming and sanding completely. Now I only need to cut the safety off and reposition it in the correct "armed" position and then I need to add the firing hammer in the back, above the grip and it is ready to paint. Will get replacement thumbscrews when Philippes get them back in stock, as the resin version were very difficult to trim and have look right.

Anyone building this piece should check out pictures of the actual prop featured in the newly released FIREFLY COMPANION book. Close-up shots that show exact paint scheme of prop.

Yeah, don't go by Amazon, I think they'll be the last ones to get it. Yep it's out, at least in the US and Canada, in comic shops.

Anybody got a clear picture of the original pistols firing hammer? (unsure that is the correct term... what I mean is the part you pull back with your thumb to cock the pistol)

<div class='quotetop'>(Sidewinder @ Aug 17 2006, 10:28 AM) [snapback]1302151[/snapback]</div>
As I understand it Mal's gun didn't have one that you could 'see' or cock the gun with.
The Taurus is double action anyway.

SAS
[/b]
Well, seeing as it was seen in the Pilot, though not very clearly. I just wanted to add it, as a little extra something to my cast.

Yes, Firefly: The Official Companion is the name of th ebook, and I just received it through mail order.

I will try to scan or take pics of the MAL PISTOL featured in the book and post to this thread over the weekend.

<div class='quotetop'>(DrMcoy @ Aug 17 2006, 04:04 PM) [snapback]1302243[/snapback]</div>
Yes, Firefly: The Official Companion is the name of th ebook, and I just received it through mail order.
I will try to scan or take pics of the MAL PISTOL featured in the book and post to this thread over the weekend.
[/b]
Much appreciated, but tell me... how many pages and is it worth getting, other than for the pistol pictures?

<div class='quotetop'>(NoHumorMan @ Aug 17 2006, 02:32 PM) [snapback]1302226[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Sidewinder @ Aug 17 2006, 10:28 AM) [snapback]1302151[/snapback]
As I understand it Mal's gun didn't have one that you could 'see' or cock the gun with.
The Taurus is double action anyway.

SAS
[/b]
Well, seeing as it was seen in the Pilot, though not very clearly. I just wanted to add it, as a little extra something to my cast.

[/b][/quote]

Well, I'll be damned.
Well spotted, that man.
Andy

So, any updates on what the hammer looks like or should I just base mine on the hammer on the Taurus 85 revolver?

Also... any updates on those scans from the Visual Companion?

It's not like the Tarus. It's just a small metal loop:

[attachmentid=9777]

[attachmentid=9778]

<div class='quotetop'>(Birdie @ Aug 25 2006, 10:09 PM) [snapback]1307234[/snapback]</div>

[attachmentid=9777]

[attachmentid=9778]
[/b]
Interesting photos Birdie. Can you tell us a bit more about them? The top one looks wonderful, but I have not yet seen a Firefly pistola with a visible hammer, did you add it? I don't recognize the picture of the resin cast below with the bobbed hammer, it looks like the Serenity version of Mal's gun, and very well done to boot. Is this cast available?

I don't think the hammer is actually rounded like that. I think you are seeing the Taurus revolver hammer out of focus blurry, making it look rounded when it's not.

I think.

<div class='quotetop'>(satoriku @ Aug 26 2006, 03:16 AM) [snapback]1307262[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Birdie @ Aug 25 2006, 10:09 PM) [snapback]1307234[/snapback]

[attachmentid=9777]

[attachmentid=9778]
[/b]
Interesting photos Birdie. Can you tell us a bit more about them? The top one looks wonderful, but I have not yet seen a Firefly pistola with a visible hammer, did you add it? I don't recognize the picture of the resin cast below with the bobbed hammer, it looks like the Serenity version of Mal's gun, and very well done to boot. Is this cast available?
[/b][/quote]

The top picture is a replica maade by a member of the RPF. The bottom pic is a cast of the screen-used Serenity pistol (not belonging to me, btw)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back