Making the mouth of my mask "wet" looking...

knuckledragger

Hello guys... Ive been around this site for a long time just decided to create an account and get involved.....

I have a fan made mask that I bought from a guy off ebay 4 years ago... It was a one off mask and he did not make a 2nd one. The only problem with the mask is that he painted the whole think with "flat" paints... Its ok on the skin of the Pred mask but the inside of the mouth is flat and dull and just doesn't POP like it should... I am aware of Perma Wet from Monster Makers but I need so little I was trying to save money and go a cheaper route....

Is there anything out there at a Michaels, Home Depot, Lowes etc that I can paint over the pinkish red paint to make the mouth of my mask look "wet"??

Thanks.

If your looking for a cheap option i suggest going to your auto shop accessory dealer and buying a can of "wet tyre spray".

You use this spray on your tyres to give them a constant wet look which when dries sticks very well to the surface and is also extremely flexible. I have just sprayed part of my xenomorph outfit with it today and the parts are looking very good.

or you can use a couple layers of regular school glue. that's my replacement for pplastidip and it works just like it. its flexible and cheap. hope this helps

Maybe Plasti-dip, but it might get too hard when it cures. Is it a display piece or do you wear it?

I am wearing it... And my mouth sits right at the holes in the back of the throat so I will need it to flex for sure....

If your looking for a cheap option i suggest going to your auto shop accessory dealer and buying a can of "wet tyre spray".

You use this spray on your tyres to give them a constant wet look which when dries sticks very well to the surface and is also extremely flexible. I have just sprayed part of my xenomorph outfit with it today and the parts are looking very good.

That might be an easy fix... Funny, I actually own a mobile car detailing bizz and already buy that stuff by the gallon... haha. I will try a little corner and see what happens, only im concerned about breathing it through my mouth all nite... I also have an Alien suit I just bought that I may have to spray the body down with that....

or you can use a couple layers of regular school glue. that's my replacement for pplastidip and it works just like it. its flexible and cheap. hope this helps

That actually does help thanks... I may also hit the corner of the mouth and see what happens... elmers will peel off with no problem if it doesn't give me the look im looking for...

You might want to go with larry's advise.
He's one of the bets painters here and outside the lair.He's predator paintups are superb.check out his site ifyou get a chance.you'll be in awe of his skills

Holy crimany Batman are you kidding me....?? That is insane work... Thanks for turning me on to that site!

*goes off to fetch a new pair of boxers*

Hey Larry just wanted to say thanks... I went to Michaels and picked some up and it worked like a champ!! Exactly the look I was looking for!! I put 2 coats on so far and I think it looks perfect....

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back