Making of Green Goblin screen accurate costume

srlangui

Long time ago I bought a 90% screen accurate Green Goblin mask. I am about to finish it so, I ask myself: Why not getting the full suit?
The answer is simple: There is NO prop maker or company that sells it. As I'm experienced on making props of Star Wars using some methods as vacuum forming, resin casting, mold making, sewing and painting... My reaction is making my own one!

And I think: Well, maybe there're people interested on collaborating in this project, just investing money or making parts of the costume.

So, I tell you my idea:

We create a work team, 3 minimum 5 people maximum and we work separately (no matter where we are from). We define our goals, working time periods, materials... Just everything to create a 99% screen accurate Green Goblin costume. Once each member of the project finishes his part(s), we put it in common and if everything is OK, we'll start making the molds.

I give you an option to create the molds (if you think about another it can be discussed ;)):

1. Each one sends his part(s) to me.
2. I make the molds.
3. I make replicas for all the creators.
4. I send full costumes for all the creators.

PROS for creators:
- You have your full costume having created only a part of the full costume.
- You don't have to worry about materials and mold costs.
- You only spend time making your assigned duty of the costume.

CONS for creators:
- You don't have the molds*.

*ALTHOUGH you don't have them, you will have the permission to make your own molds from the costume we've created, so it will be the same as me.

In addition to this, each member of the team will received a percentage of the total sale. For example:

1. XX sells a replica from his molds to YY, the price of the sale is 1000€ (excluding shipping, fees...).
2. We determine previously a fair percentage, let's suppose 10% for each creator. So XX pays 100€ to AA, 100€ to BB and 100€ to CC. So 700€ for XX.

After 10 sales from XX, XX will have full domain of his molds and no percentage will be given from more sales to anybody.

So, in this way, we'll be honest numbering our sales and at the same time we will be able to make our costume world-known.

IMPORTANT:
1. The aim of this project is NOT getting money from sales or being commisioned, it is a way to be pioneers creating the Green Goblin suit.
2. At all times, this project will be part of EVERY MEMBER (or just our team name). NOT SINGLE MADE.
3. I need a group of HONEST PEOPLE, everything can always be done in the wrong way.

Any tips or recommendations will be welcome!!!

Last edited:
Well I can u should make the suit without the mask in no way with the purple hoodie
E9brL3-XMAowxFc.jpeg

Long time ago I bought a 90% screen accurate Green Goblin mask. I am about to finish it so, I ask myself: Why not getting the full suit?
The answer is simple: There is NO prop maker or company that sells it. As I'm experienced on making props of Star Wars using some methods as vacuum forming, resin casting, mold making, sewing and painting... My reaction is making my own one!

And I think: Well, maybe there're people interested on collaborating in this project, just investing money or making parts of the costume.

So, I tell you my idea:

We create a work team, 3 minimum 5 people maximum and we work separately (no matter where we are from). We define our goals, working time periods, materials... Just everything to create a 99% screen accurate Green Goblin costume. Once each member of the project finishes his part(s), we put it in common and if everything is OK, we'll start making the molds.

I give you an option to create the molds (if you think about another it can be discussed ;)):

1. Each one sends his part(s) to me.
2. I make the molds.
3. I make replicas for all the creators.
4. I send full costumes for all the creators.

PROS for creators:
- You have your full costume having created only a part of the full costume.
- You don't have to worry about materials and mold costs.
- You only spend time making your assigned duty of the costume.

CONS for creators:
- You don't have the molds*.

*ALTHOUGH you don't have them, you will have the permission to make your own molds from the costume we've created, so it will be the same as me.

In addition to this, each member of the team will received a percentage of the total sale. For example:

1. XX sells a replica from his molds to YY, the price of the sale is 1000€ (excluding shipping, fees...).
2. We determine previously a fair percentage, let's suppose 10% for each creator. So XX pays 100€ to AA, 100€ to BB and 100€ to CC. So 700€ for XX.

After 10 sales from XX, XX will have full domain of his molds and no percentage will be given from more sales to anybody.

So, in this way, we'll be honest numbering our sales and at the same time we will be able to make our costume world-known.

IMPORTANT:
1. The aim of this project is NOT getting money from sales or being commisioned, it is a way to be pioneers creating the Green Goblin suit.
2. At all times, this project will be part of EVERY MEMBER (or just our team name). NOT SINGLE MADE.
3. I need a group of HONEST PEOPLE, everything can always be done in the wrong way.

Any tips or recommendations will be welcome!!!
i'd be down but im new to this kinda stuff so would have to see what it entails.

This never worked. So I am doing my own costume. I have every part of the costume (more than 100 pieces) designed in 3D. I will print them sometime to see final result.

Thanks for the interest
Shame. Sounded like a cool plan. Post the final result when Ur done

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back