making myself taller

arkham666

Hi there I'm in the very early planning stages for a costume but to really pull the look off I'm going to need to add three to four inches to my height. The costume will wear big boots but I'm thinking it might be a bit obvious if I'm wearing really thick platforms. So I was wondering where I might start looking into ways of concealing it or what other options I may have to get myself looking a bit taller.

I think I'll hold off on sawing my bones in half thanks I'm already going to be doing a serious physical overhaul but I['m ready for this lol.

The long term plan is a Batman costume but when I say long term I mean really long term probably over a year. I haven't even decided which style of Batman I want to go for but my height was my first concern. I figured if I can't get over 6 feet convincingly it's probably not worth starting. Thanks for the input.

more than likely you probably slouch during the day right? if so, just stand while extending your spine and sticking your chest out, it'll give that impression of being taller, but for real, you don't have to make yourself taller, you can just tailor the suit to your height couldnt you?

The long term plan is a Batman costume but when I say long term I mean really long term probably over a year. I haven't even decided which style of Batman I want to go for but my height was my first concern. I figured if I can't get over 6 feet convincingly it's probably not worth starting. Thanks for the input.

If you haven't decided a version yet I would suggest Either 89 or Returns. Keaton is only 5'9" so if your right around that height (I'm guessing you are) than your good to go.

I always wondered how you put those in your shoe and be able to put your shoe on.

I've always thought you just buy a bigger sized shoe.

I agree, a short Batman might look a little odd but if you've got the physical build for it then height might not be such an issue. But with big boots and some lifts you should be able to get the extra height easily.

Thanks for all the input guys. As far as build goes that's a work in progress. I'm not getting into shape for the costume per say but since I started working out seriously it occurred to me I was heading down the path to actually pulling of a decent Batman providing I could combat the height issue. I'll probably start looking into a cowl first as my head, at least, isn't going to alter in anyway between now and when I'm ready to put the costume together. I don't expect I'll have anything to show for quite a while but when I do I will.

I'm 5'-8", and use this method to reach 6': To avoid the "Frankenstein" look, I add enough to the heel to make it two inches, then add two inches INSIDE the heel of the shoe. I shape it like a wedge to make it more comfortable. Presto. 6'. Note: You will need some over sized shoes for this. I use 13s for my tall costumes. This gives me enough room inside to add the lifts. I make the lifts from 1/2" crepe sole material. You can usually get this thru any local cobbler. Sometimes they have enough scrap laying around to do a project.

used these in some pirate boots one, they worked well, but made it almost impossible to
get my feet back out of the boots. A lot of tugging and pulling and twisted ankle!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back