Making a Lightsaber Display Case

Darth Kahnt

Sr Member
I am making a display case for my Larbel ESB Vader saber. I picked up a case used for model cars. Here is a picture of it:

What I want to do is make some mounts to raise it up, similar to what is used for the MR LE Sabers and the FX Sabers. I would like to make these myself and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I can use to make these. Here is a pic of my own MR stand just so you can get an idea of what it is I am trying to make:

I am sure there are lots of people here on the RPF that have made their own saber cases before and could help me out. Any and all help will be appreciated.

Darkknight0667

Sr Member
I know that you mention wanting to make the stands yourself, but this guy has them for such a low price that I doubt if you can beat it. I haven't bought from him myself yet (but I will very soon), but I have read of others that have and haven't heard of any problems.

amish

Sr Member
I have to agree with Pete, he has some great stuff and excellent prices. You can find him on ebay, his ebay id is:

atcofca

Good luck.

Tom

cayman shen

Master Member
Take a rectangle of lucite, or whatever, and draw a line dividing it in half. Put it on a drill press with a 1.5 inch wood bit. Slowly drill through the center of that line so there's a hole in the middle of your rectangle. Once that's done, cut the rest of the line. You now have two identical cradles. Sand to shape. Put in a crosspiece of some kind, viola.

Or just buy one from Romansempireproductions.com, if he still makes them. Much easier.

Darth Kahnt

Sr Member
Originally posted by Darth Lars@Jan 27 2006, 03:31 PM
I would have bought a few sets from him too, if he had shipped to Europe...  :angry
[snapback]1169758[/snapback]​
Darth Lars, I have found someone willing to act as a middle man for me and when I order I can order some for you and ship to you.

Ive sent you a PM.