Making a fake liquid containing bubbles? (fear toxin tanks)

I am going to be creating a Scarecrow for Halloween this year as well.
I have ordered some Ink refill syringes for the fingers. The needles are very long and blunted at the end so they won't be a hazard

I have also ordered several orange pre-wired LEDs and Several orange glowsticks and glow necklaces for the hoses to the fingers.

Here is my suggestion that I will try to implement myself in the near future. It's kinda different.

I assume you will be creating a canister with an oval window in it.
I googled "Gel Bubbles" and found a large image that I tinted orange in photoshop.
• Print this out on clear acetate so it will be transparent to allow the LEDs to illuminate it.
• Tape or spray mount to the inside of the window in the tube
• Illuminate the canister with your LED's
fear tube.jpg
May just work. The bubbles will be static, but they would also be in a real gel as well.
No weight at all! No danger of a mess due to leakage.

The image is large enough that you can rotate and use different orientations and portions of it for a seperate view of it in each canister.

Sorry Darksyde13

I see you and I came up with an identical solution and you posted yours before mine
didn't mean to hijack your idea at all. I just overlookesd it till I read this thread again

Geat minds think alike! :)

Hmm, for such a small opening you might also try just printing on some clear overhead transparencies, or marking them up by hand with the desired look. Since you've been looking at casting options it doesn't sound like you need them to move so you could try a piece of transparent art simply slid inside the bottle and pressed against that little opening.

http://www.amazon.com/Grafix-2-Inch...6146&sr=8-1&keywords=inkjet+transparency+film

http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-pho...uid-background-abstract-blurred-image35106502

drop in one little white led and bobs your uncle.

Sorry Darksyde13

I see you and I came up with an identical solution and you posted yours before mine
didn't mean to hijack your idea at all. I just overlookesd it till I read this thread again

Geat minds think alike! :)

No worries! Yours had better pictures! :)

Darksyde13 and VinMan FANTASTIC idea! Beauty in simplicity! Unfortunately where I think I've passed the point where I can crack open the tanks aside from the normal bottle cap, I think I'll wind up just slipping in the acetate rolled up and pray it gets flush with the sides lol. I'll post my results this weekend hopefully.

Thanks for the great ideas erebody

Look forward to seeing how you solve this. This will be a big help when I get to the workshop and get mine started as well!

Good luck!

Darksyde13 and VinMan FANTASTIC idea! Beauty in simplicity! Unfortunately where I think I've passed the point where I can crack open the tanks aside from the normal bottle cap, I think I'll wind up just slipping in the acetate rolled up and pray it gets flush with the sides lol. I'll post my results this weekend hopefully.

Thanks for the great ideas erebody

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back