Limited Run 'Major's Thermoptic Pistol' (2017) Ghost in the Shell

The pistol is magnificent and worth the wait. A fantastic addition to my collection!

You have no idea how much that means, especially coming from you. Thank you Mr Savage, it was truly an honor. Hopefully this won’t be the last prop I make for your collection but I’m happy to have added my first.

Many thanks and good luck with the new book!

bumping this thread because I thought it was a bit sad that Adam savage mentions this run in a video and that everyone started to sign up on the other run that happened after this one ;-)
there we go, credits for the original run that Adam Savage was actually in :)
cheers
Agreed, credit where credit is due. (y)

I'm still in awe of Jay's offering, a stunning replica for sure. And you know if Adam loves it, it has to be all that and then some!

Hey there everyone! It’s been a long time. I know this is a while after the fact but just wanted to jump on and thank asavage for including my piece in his collection box, it honestly meant the world to me to see in included in such amazing and privileged company, I can’t thank you enough Adam.

Here’s the video for those who haven’t seen it:
(this link should skip straight to the Thermoptic pistol 18m52sec)

I’ve been gone a long time, this project really broke me, I’ve not made anything really since but have been busy with life. In the last few years I got married, bought a house and welcomed our first child, it’s been a rollercoaster but from the place I was in I can safely say I’m happy.

I have a new workshop I’ve been building over the last 2 years, new equipment but finally I have that fire back to make again and to enjoy it. I reflected a lot on this project, it was the final step in a long journey of making so many things for years for so many people and it’s I suppose apropos that I would get my dream project for dream clients and be completely burnt out and beaten by the end of it to the point I just couldn’t enjoy the process anymore.

I have that passion back, I have that need again, that urge to make and to push myself to learn and problem solve. I have been contemplating coming back to this pistol in particular to prove something to myself but if I’m going to do that I want to make improvements, but what those maybe I’m not sure yet.

One thing is for sure, I’m going to be making things again, with a new focus and outlook and pick projects more based around small runs, limited amounts giving me more time to focus on what’s important, the Joy of Making.

Love to you all, I owe you all so much.

Jay.

Glade to see life is being kind to you RebelCityProps I know it's not been an easy journey for you. If you do another run of these I would love to be considered for one but in the meantime enjoy life :)

Regards

Obie

If you ever do another edition I would definitely be there, your work is great. I also only came across it through the video.
Otherwise keep up the good work and enjoy your life :)

If you ever do another edition I would definitely be there, your work is great. I also only came across it through the video.
Otherwise keep up the good work and enjoy your life :)

There was one for sale recently in the classifieds. Don't know if it has sold but it may be worth a look.

Don't know if it sold, or not TMax didn't reply to the person who said they will take it. Thread link below to the item in the Junkyard section.

Don't know if it sold, or not TMax didn't reply to the person who said they will take it. Thread link below to the item in the Junkyard section.

I have sent him an email that I would also still be interested. Let's see, maybe I'm lucky...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back