Majora's Mask Display Prop.

Jasper hams

This is one i've been tinkering with for a while. Very happy with how it turned out.

QbOSDVY.jpg

rrutyrv.jpg

qpb7F40.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/219257470/legend-of-zelda-inspired-majoras-mask

There's one thing I'll add up though, it's the center of the eyes, make it a bit more yellowish and give it a gradient effect with the orange ^^

Just a few quick making of images:

frRggb1.jpg
I did some layout sketches when i was in Japan last November.

KIRmFCs.jpg
Stared off with some nice thick chunks of Styrofoam. Rasped and sanded into the correct shape, taking very fine care to make sure it was symmetrical. then started covering in filler.

Ggxg1ik.jpg
Once i had covered the whole thing and added the wood grain effect i started sketching out the raised detail areas and engraving others.

xSIfFZA.jpg
I dremeled out the layer of filler where the raised details needed to be.

SpFZXwO.jpg
I used 5mm armature wire and bent it to shape to match the contours of the mask. This took a lot of finessing.

Q1GvBeP.jpg

Once the armature wire was secured in place i filled around the edges and stippled filler over the wire it's self for the aged metal look.

Just a few quick making of images:

View attachment 430186
I did some layout sketches when i was in Japan last November.

View attachment 430187
Stared off with some nice thick chunks of Styrofoam. Rasped and sanded into the correct shape, taking very fine care to make sure it was symmetrical. then started covering in filler.

View attachment 430188
Once i had covered the whole thing and added the wood grain effect i started sketching out the raised detail areas and engraving others.

View attachment 430189
I dremeled out the layer of filler where the raised details needed to be.

View attachment 430190
I used 5mm armature wire and bent it to shape to match the contours of the mask. This took a lot of finessing.

View attachment 430191

Once the armature wire was secured in place i filled around the edges and stippled filler over the wire it's self for the aged metal look.

Hi there, what is the dimensions for the mask? Been asked to make one for my brother-in-laws wedding.
Cheers

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back