Magnum P I ring

The first ring, the shape is all wrong, it is just a wide band ring, that and the enamel job on it is pretty bad.

This ring says it's sterling silver but it obviously looks gold. Is it really silver or does the lighting just make it look gold?

I talked to the guy, it's definitely silver. There is a photo of the silver without the golden reflections at the bottom.

My understanding on the ring was they started out with a brass casting the first season of the show. As the seasons progressed, they cast the rings in silver and then gold plated them. Further on in the series as it was really gaining popularity, the cast was given the rings in 14 kt gold, which the cast members still have today.
A good replica 14Kt ring right now will run you about $ 600, with the gold prices as they are, you need to check on that with any maker to get a final price.

I have heard pretty much the same thing with the addition of 10K rings.

I heard either Larry or Roger sold their Rings long ago and regret it.

Gold is at its highest its been and I think 600.00 to 700.00 would be about right for a nice 14K ring.

I forgot all about Robbie! :lol

I was going to get some Island Hopper t-shirts from him but lost his addy when my computer went on the fitz about 5 years ago.

Some of the rings had bezels and some did'nt at least thats what I read somewhere.

To me the ones with the bezels are more desirable, as it takes more work to make them.

A member here actually has one of the Team rings that was used on the show maybe he will chime in.

I'm sure the rings had differences in them from Season to Season.

Magnum PI Season 7 is being released Oct.30 and on one Episode, Death and Taxes, I think is the title, they start the show with an extreme close-up of the ring although it is on the hand of the wack-job that is stalking Magnum.

It will be interesting to see if the new Movie will stay faithful and have them still sporting the ring.

I forgot all about Robbie! :lol

I was going to get some Island Hopper t-shirts from him but lost his addy when my computer went on the fitz about 5 years ago.

Some of the rings had bezels and some did'nt at least thats what I read somewhere.

To me the ones with the bezels are more desirable, as it takes more work to make them.

A member here actually has one of the Team rings that was used on the show maybe he will chime in.

I'm sure the rings had differences in them from Season to Season.

Magnum PI Season 7 is being released Oct.30 and on one Episode, Death and Taxes, I think is the title, they start the show with an extreme close-up of the ring although it is on the hand of the wack-job that is stalking Magnum.

It will be interesting to see if the new Movie will stay faithful and have them still sporting the ring.

Thanks... and I really don't want to see them screw up another 80's TV show with a bad movie.:angry

I have a new version of the ring now..I made the detail deeper and did some reshaping..
One member of the RPF has the master I used.

If you need a ring let me know:
Silver or Gold, metal type is an option just like size is.

Curtis

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back