magneto helmet x-men first class wip -End Game VS Shaw Build

The chrome does indeed look good (prior to the clearcoat). I think that clearcoat will dull any chrome-like paint to a degree ... I suppose you could put clearcoat on the black and leave the chrome trim without it (though that might predispose the trim to chipping).

Small update
Cast the paint test for the end game helmet.
roughly trimmed and sand the cast.
Ready for more sanding and prep for primer.

View attachment 63087

View attachment 63088

View attachment 63089

looks like clear coat for the chrome paint on the shaw helmet is a no go.
So, its metallic silver for the trim.
Still working on the 23" helmet.
But, i'm excited because i think i finally got the exterior shape right.
Still lots more work to go.

Looks accurate to me.. and i've been looking at the shape for hrs upon hrs! ... Im really looking forward to the end game paint job too.

this is some amazing work, the levels of accuracy you guys strive for is awesome. In two minds on trying to build my own or just buy one now...

Im currently doing a movie accurate solid model drawing of it, i'll send you a copy when its done

Thanks, Looking fwd to see what you have.

Small update,

worked on the End Game version.

View attachment 63613

View attachment 63614

View attachment 63615

I didn't have much time to work on the helmets because
my refrigerator died. Tried to repaired it, but it was not worth it to repair.
So it time to buy a new fridge.
With that being said, I started a for sale thread in the Junkyard of the
24" sized helmet.
http://www.therpf.com/f13/x-men-first-class-magneto-helmet-kit-124185/#post1822704
Again,
thanks for all your comments.

Last edited:
I may be gathering some dimension info from all the Magento helmet builders on here to check my measurements ( im just finishing off my own helmet build atm)

The emblem came out very well! It really looks the part:)

Sorry to hear about you fridge, those things are a nightmare to get rid of!

Thanks for your comment.
I think the crest still have room for improvements.
But with only 1 picture available , i thought i would wait and see if any more references would show up
before anymore mod to the crest.

Regarding the refrigerator, most stores in the US provide delivery of the new and pickup of the old fridge service. Thankfully.

I should have the base coat (Candy apple red metallic) for the End Game paint test helmet on tonight or tommorrow.

I may be gathering some dimension info from all the Magento helmet builders on here to check my measurements ( im just finishing off my own helmet build atm)

The emblem came out very well! It really looks the part:)

Sorry to hear about you fridge, those things are a nightmare to get rid of!

Somewhere someone has the original molds...which we must steal!:p You are probably right to wait and see, pictures can be very decieving. Guess we will have to wait for the DVD release.

Are you doing a solid coat of red or are you going to blend the edges into the black??.. It looks like a difficult paint job to get right!

Perfect paintjob, as always. This paint, I believe, is the same Candy Apple Red Metallic used on the new Mustangs. Here is a pic of a Stang outside w/ this red paint to get an idea of the helmet color (scroll down a bit):
Shots of my new Candy Red 2012 GT - Page 2 - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Have you decided on trim color? The Kona blue mixed with violet should give something close to Miracole's color (I think).

Last edited:
Much better lighting! Very nice paint job, i just want to pick it up and run away with it:D

Any thoughts on the purple for the trim?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back