Mad Max: Fury Road (Post-release)

Saw the movie a few days ago, totally badaaas!! (Finally went to it a few weeks late due to relationship decisions because Pitch Perfect 2 opened that same weekend blaaah lol) I just found out that a theater nearby does $5 tuesdays and this is on my list to see again :D Amazing cgi, i didnt even know some of it was cgi, now i gotta check out all these cool links and vids cuz its all AMAZING!

Immortan Joe was pretty creepy, especially with the breeding wives and all the warboys looking to him as a god-like dude. Why Why WHY kill off the Interceptor again? It looked good in the classic dusted black at the beginning, then it gets the rattle can treatment, I wish we got to see Max in the driver seat more than what we got.
*Nice homages to the original films throughout though. I like when Max grabs the shotgun and the shell flares out like it did in Road Warrior, some good comedy balanced with the action too! I really wanna make a Max jacket replica, or something close to it, maybe a full sleeveless with 2 shoulder pads? Something cool like his anyway lol. Can't even wait for a sequel, this movie had me pumped the whole way, i'm glad it was one of the movies that didnt give away the entire plot with trailers hahaha. Hope a sequel gets here within the next few years! Oh yeah, the video game is out soon, anyone checkin that out?*

MAD MAX 4: RAGE (the game for pc, ps3 etc)? The (pale) enemies, the music etc

https://youtu.be/2YYSqcdXlHI

rage-1807520.jpg

It was Okay,but how can it be 45 years after the collapse?(as stated By George)Max says he was a cop,so how can that fit with the time frame?....i also like the nod to the Road warrior with the binoculars and the telescope.Mel is still Max for me..oh and i am Mad Max so there ...........

I think the world was in a state of collapse even in the first film. It took decades rather than a particular date.
Globally there were wars going on just not evident in Oz yet. So police and some semblance of authority
and order simply was on it's last legs there. Then came the nuclear fallout.

The bikers in part 1 hated "the bronze" and it seemed that society was in a downfall at this point, having the halls of justice looking like a repurposed industrial complex instead of a proper jail facility. Most people were trying to live normal lives, but of course the gangs didnt let that fly. The gangs basically sent society to its breaking point, locally, and this most likely happened everywhere in the world and not just there. This could've happened over the span of years, and lets say the events of Mad Max was over like a 6 year period (just theorizing here) After the break of the last pieces of normal life, the people of the world tried to fix it, failing and results in cities exploding. So we have global quarrels and local wars before the very dark apocalypse even starts, and afterward we get the savage world of The Road Warrior.

There had to be some utter madness between MM and MM2, I would have to say there's a lot happening during MM1 that we hadn't seen. Feral Adult explained it in the opening of MM2, I'm guessing it was all happening already in MM1, because the global quarrels couldn't have happened in the span of 2 years resulting in nukes that quickly. I kinda like the post-apoc films that leave out the "how" or "why" because really it doesn't matter afterward. It can boil down to: Who killed the world? Nobody can know for sure, all we know is that its dead and now we have to survive.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back