Machined Kalimar Macro Lens & Plate Replica?

TatooineMachine

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Kalimar 660 came up on eBay tonight. When I looked at it, it’s a replica set of machined lenses w plate. They look descent! Reasonable too!

I believe we have Jeff Parks to thank for those!

If we're talking about the same thing, you're right, they look good, the adjustment knobs are in the wrong spot on the lenses, but hey, just remove them!

Awesome! still expensive but that's probably a very hard replica to produce. Kudos to Parks for bringing more stuff to our community (y)
I hope this will finally put an end to the Kalimars price nonsense!

Reviving this topic for a follow-up inquiry...

I see absolutely no reference to replica Kalimar lenses on Jeff Parks' site, and no photos (other than a couple of tiny thumbnails) of said lenses. Did anyone save off any photos of these items from the original eBay auction posting? I am very curious to see how well executed the design was and why this product may not have done well at their apparent final price point of about $400. With the scarcity and rising prices of these Kalimars continuing as they are, I fully believe there would be a pretty decent market for these now at that price for the pair complete with lens plate.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back