Interest Machine Shop Services - Next Run

...What about a small run of machined hammers and triggers for a Mauser that are accurate in shape and dimensions that could be made to either a Denix, or an MGC? The main reason that I state this is because the trigger and hammer on a Denix are pretty fugly, and though they can both be made better, they'll never be perfect. As for the MGC, the trigger pin has always stuck out for me, and the hammer, while close, is slightly off too. Also, for my second MGC, I was in the process of sanding the hammer down, but I accidently removed a little too much material in one spot, and now it looks wrong, so I need a new one.

In some of the pics it looks like he used a droid caller with a black handle, will keep a look out for more,

As far as the C96 upper goes it would cost way too much to do just a few, there is a lot of setup and machining involved,
most guys are happy with the Denix.

image.jpg

Found this here somewhere.

That's a lot of work, and I would need drawings or solid models just to quote ........ maybe in the future,
right now I am looking into the droid caller or the Jawa blaster,
On the droid caller I am still looking for the real part to measure,
On the Jawa blaster the most expensive part is the Denix Enfield replica, they are around $275 and I would still have to modify them,
then make the end attachment,

That's a lot of work, and I would need drawings or solid models just to quote ........ maybe in the future,
right now I am looking into the droid caller or the Jawa blaster,
On the droid caller I am still looking for the real part to measure,
On the Jawa blaster the most expensive part is the Denix Enfield replica, they are around $275 and I would still have to modify them,
then make the end attachment,
I would be very interested in You making a Enfield Grenade Cup launcher attachment, for the end of a Jawa Ion-Blaster :)

Yeah it looks like that guy has it going already so I won't do it.
Would you consider doing the accurate "Cone" Launcher for the end...?

Because that guy that is putting them together, says...
"Limited Supply.... as the Cones are very hard to get.
Jawa Blaster constructed of metal and wood with Working Parts. Bolt Works, Trigger Clicks, and Mag is removable. The front Cone is the original .303 Enfield Launcher."

Would you consider doing the accurate "Cone" Launcher for the end...?

Because that guy that is putting them together, says...
"Limited Supply.... as the Cones are very hard to get.
Jawa Blaster constructed of metal and wood with Working Parts. Bolt Works, Trigger Clicks, and Mag is removable. The front Cone is the original .303 Enfield Launcher."

Yeah I saw he is offering the original cone, but if he is out of stock I might consider it,
the Enfield replica from Denix is almost $300 including shipping, then they have to be cut down,
the end of the barrel might have to be tapped or machined to make a good fit for the cone,

As far as the droid callers go I really want to do that run but I need an original Kobold to measure,
I don't want to measure from a casting because I don't know what kind of shrinkage it had and I want it as accurate as possible,
I will offer a DL44 kit to trade for a Kobold if anyone is interested........

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back