M19 telescope mhr 1942 build

Each time i see those sweet cnc-manufactured parts i´m more and more impressed by the way the original Mausers were machined without that.

YOU ARE SO RIGHT !!!!!! HOW IN THE HELL DID THEY DO THIS WITHOUT CNC !!!!!!! im making custom tooling and doing some pretty crazy fixturing to do these ...... What blows me away most is all the square holes and compound radius blends !!!!!!!There are many tapers and angle you take for granted or are very subtle, all very diff to reproduce .. Thats why denix and mgc both never really got it right . How much is a mgc going for no days?????

MAUSER engineers ,,, THEY WERE GENIUS !!!!
I have always been impressed by this old stuff, ran into the same things doing the m19 m38 scopes crazy shapes to make by hand and they have optics that are so high tech that i cant get a company today to repro them !!!!

MGC prices are stupid, right now. At least, on eBay. They were worse, but at the moment, I'd say around $5-$600.

I could get a real C96 for what some folks are asking for an MGC.
In Europe I think real C96 are still 3 times the price of an MGC. However, you can get 2 real Sterling machine guns for the price of 1 MGC sterling!

MGC prices are stupid, right now. At least, on eBay. They were worse, but at the moment, I'd say around $5-$600.

Agreed, real Mausers in fair condition are comparably priced. Unless you just need an MGC to build a screen accurate Hoth blaster or Greedo Killer. ;)

IDK c96 start at 1500 plus for a crap one..... the prewars are all 2000 and up i see.... last mgc i saw wat 700$

I live , love , drink ,create , ect ect everyday like it is my last !!!!

I do need to buff the edges down to have the worn knurl look but i think i got really close.... wish i could post a video of this getting cut.
IMG_9181_zps9gfnvzqt.jpg

I was actually kinda hoping this was gonna be an MGC copy, simply BECAUSE I need to do a Greedo Killer!

Wish I could undo my Hero build on the MGC, get one of your replicas, build the Hero on THAT, then use the MGC for my GK!

I'd almost be able to do that, if it weren't for the whole bull barrel thing!

Also, I've seen plenty of refinished C96s that'd be great for Han Hero builds, for well under a grand. Like, $6-$800.

I was actually kinda hoping this was gonna be an MGC copy, simply BECAUSE I need to do a Greedo Killer!

Wish I could undo my Hero build on the MGC, get one of your replicas, build the Hero on THAT, then use the MGC for my GK!

I'd almost be able to do that, if it weren't for the whole bull barrel thing!

Also, I've seen plenty of refinished C96s that'd be great for Han Hero builds, for well under a grand. Like, $6-$800.
Havent seen to many under a grand ,,,, maybe years ago...

The only appropriate thing I can think to do with my Lytle is to turn it into a Dagobah Stunt/Muppet Show Blaster.

And Christopher, nice job with the hot-bluing! Or was it just cold blue on a heated part?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back