M19 telescope mhr 1942 build

Field Marshall

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Nice work!!!

On the scope rail don't forget there are computer chips near the front. I think they have 14 legs (7 on each side) and they include the boards socket they sit in

I have a Jedifather cast I've been working on and that's one of my favorite detailsView attachment 1019570
Yes,,, i found a great modern replacement... i actually use them in my tshirtgun launcher controllers
IMG_8899_zps97ihg6wr.jpg

PoopaPapaPalps

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
PRICE ???????? im hoping it falls in between the denix and a mgc .. this is not a cheap build but it will be alot cheaper than a real prewar mauser....
Im going to do these in aluminum too which will be aliittle cheaper than the steel ones...
Are the working internals just for alu or will it be for the steel ones as well?

Bradberry00

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Is it crazy that the thing I am most excited about with these Mauser replicas, is the possibility of finally having accurate replacement grips??? :unsure:

Dann

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It's an integrated circuit, which is what was used on some of the real props. This is a 16 pin, they used 14 pin. I do have some 14 pin, just need the little socket for one.

Bradberry00

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Based on the height of the IC on the screen used blasters that I have seen in reference photos, I personally do not think a socket is used. It looks like the pins are trimmed down and its glued directly to the scope. However that may depend of the variation you are building....there are a lot of different ones.

EDIT!! I just looked at reference photos again...it seems the one you replicated does have a socket....ignore my comment :/

It's an integrated circuit, which is what was used on some of the real props. This is a 16 pin, they used 14 pin. I do have some 14 pin, just need the little socket for one.

jkno

Master Member
I know what it is, but was not sure you used a real one or a resin part, since they also used resin cast scopes with resin top. I never used one on my conversion