M19 telescope mhr 1942 build

Sure. You can get perfectly clean and clear cast parts for those. There's no need for the replicas to have targeting grade optics. With mineral glass front and back glass, the internal prisms can be high quality casts and serve the same function.

We cast the death star camera lenses and unless you're looking up close you can't tell they're not glass.

Interesting im all ears and eyes... The focal points of the lens has been a challenge but im close.. Ill look into casting the prisms... I am not trying to get weapons grade optic but seeing through this thing would be a nice touch.

Sure. You can get perfectly clean and clear cast parts for those. There's no need for the replicas to have targeting grade optics. With mineral glass front and back glass, the internal prisms can be high quality casts and serve the same function.

We cast the death star camera lenses and unless you're looking up close you can't tell they're not glass.

Interesting im all ears and eyes... The focal points of the lens has been a challenge but im close.. Ill look into casting the prisms... I am not trying to get weapons grade optic but seeing through this thing would be a nice touch. You have any more info on that?

Interesting im all ears and eyes... The focal points of the lens has been a challenge but im close.. Ill look into casting the prisms... I am not trying to get weapons grade optic but seeing through this thing would be a nice touch. You have any more info on that?

We could do it for you. Heck we could cast the original glass too instead of mineral glass. Then it would be all correct.

Scottjua - If you reproduce a lens system out of a different material it will not work the same. The problem is that different materials have different refractive indexes, which is why 50 year old eyeglasses for the same prescription are so much thicker than modern eyeglasses.

I believe R52 is a good optical resin (I prefer it to polycarbonate, because it has less chromatic abberations).

I don't think the idea is to reproduce it exactly, but just approximate it in a cost-effective method so that when you look down it you don't just stare into an empty tube.

Would they be clear? magnifying the image is not necessary,,, the scope only like 1.4 anyway

I don't think the idea is to reproduce it exactly, but just approximate it in a cost-effective method so that when you look down it you don't just stare into an empty tube.

check out the sterling back cap latch
IMG_4359_zpsy6oocldo.jpg

IMG_4358_zpsadgl8hyf.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

What do you need to make some lens and prism?

Digging your style, man :cool. A pressure-cast prism/lens could definitely be done in clear resin. As was noted, the index of refraction will be different considering it's not the same material, but is totally worth trying out.

You're making me want to build an E-11! If you start making the cut-down magazines, then I'll really be in trouble :) Have you ever thought of putting a whole Sterling kit together, instead of bits & pieces?

I think he is making a full replica. I check this post every time its updated hoping to see it. FInally people in the USA will be able to get a nice E-11

Digging your style, man :cool. A pressure-cast prism/lens could definitely be done in clear resin. As was noted, the index of refraction will be different considering it's not the same material, but is totally worth trying out.

You're making me want to build an E-11! If you start making the cut-down magazines, then I'll really be in trouble :) Have you ever thought of putting a whole Sterling kit together, instead of bits & pieces?

i can post a print of the prisms dimensions,, give it a shot.. It will be a month or so before i get the casting off the machine.. It would be great to get some optics ready??

I have never held a masters replica or seen one in person , but several people have pointed out that some are not entirely accurate... There is alot of work left to do on this kit , i am still machining and making several more parts/assemblies, including the Hengstler and the scopes.. Maybe January the body tube assembly parts will be completed. The trigger frame should be soon after ... Ill put the parts in a complete kit and have them available for individual parts too...
LOL I hope it is going to be a fun and challenging project for everyone to build !

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks man!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back