LUKES LANDSPEEDER AT COSI SW EXHIBIT

There WAS a c3p0 arm piston on the dashboard a few years ago which is now gone.

<div class='quotetop'>(JHVanOphem @ Jun 25 2006, 07:55 PM) [snapback]1267979[/snapback]</div>
Right.

Found a nice hi-res pic of the centerfold if you want to scale it down to 3/4 inch height to be accurate.

Just do a google image serach on her name with the large pics filter.
[/b]

Great pics. :thumbsup

I never knew about the poster either...but it is funny... :D

What no Hustler in the Landspeeder? :confused :eek

There are quite a few parts on that dash that we see elsewhere...

The Hengstler Counter
Imperial Rank Rectangles / Vader Chest Buttons
"Catamaran piece" (Just above the hengstler)
Antenna greeblies (vertically oriented on the left side of the hengstler)
3PO/Vader Rod parts (some of which are now missing. Marcus, any shots "before"?)

With that hengstler in there its a grate source for Scale on those other greeblies.
Chris

The Parts of Star Wars

I saw the Tantive cockpit centerfold in person, at the exhibition in SF back in 95. That's the same one. :love

Chris, here's a picture showing the dashboard circa 1995. Has TK409 been near it since then??? ;)
dashboard.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(kurtyboy @ Jun 27 2006, 10:16 AM) [snapback]1269171[/snapback]</div>
Chris, here's a picture showing the dashboard circa 1995. Has TK409 been near it since then??? ;)

Just noticed, the c3p0 hand piston is also missing.
[/b]

:D Cool photo Marcus.

I have a few more unconventional Boston Landspeeder pics here
http://www.tk409.com/anthonydaniels (scroll down)

IMG_0578.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(Jango_Fett_Jr @ Jun 24 2006, 02:47 AM) [snapback]1267147[/snapback]</div>
Did anyone went to this exhibit get sort of emotional when you saw the landspeeder? I know I did :lol
I fell in love with this thing when I first saw Star Wars, and seeing it in person was just incredible. I'd love to build one of these one day.
[/b]

Hell yeah man, we in the NEG got quite attached to that thing. The last day the exhibit was open they let us climb over the railing and take pictures with the speeder. We jokingly refer to it now as OUR landspeeder.

We miss it. :cry

Oh yeah... and the Playboy poster was in the cockpit in Boston. We found it instantly. :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(BladeMasterFemme @ Jun 23 2006, 11:54 PM) [snapback]1267088[/snapback]</div>
:angry

I REALLY wish this show was going to make a stop in my area. Would LOVE to see that Landspeeder.
[/b]
great pics, thanks for sharing

Great pics.

I think they changed the steering wheel though. I remember it being a "U" shaped wheel. Couldn't find any great pics, but did find these:

I believe Luke's hands are resting on the ends here.

SW-1180.jpg

(I think the more common photo of this, like the puzzle, shows this better.)

vstormlandpuzzle.JPG

And I know this is backwards and the model on the boom, but its the best I could find that shows the wheel.

lukespdr.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if they replaced pieces as they went along. Obviously, they don't replace everything that falls off, though.

I guess the steering wheel was fairly important for moving around.

-Fred

It would be quite cool to build a speeder shell around the frame of a small car. If you did it right it would probably be street legal too. :) ahh... it's good to dream.

<div class='quotetop'>(JHVanOphem @ Jun 24 2006, 02:42 AM) [snapback]1267145[/snapback]</div>
As far as the repaint. There were three landspeeders made.

One that was on a boom and "floated" with the help of a counterweight and crewpeople.

Second one had a metal pole in the back for stationary shots. Thats the one in the Tusken looting scene. A strategically placed rock covered the pole.
[/b]

There's another strategic rock where the front wheel would be. I always figured that was the wheeled version.

In fact, I always figured it was the same chassis on both the wheeled and boom versions.

I've just never seen any reference to there being more than one landspeeder.

<div class='quotetop'>(Treadwell @ Jun 27 2006, 09:34 PM) [snapback]1269640[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(JHVanOphem @ Jun 24 2006, 02:42 AM) [snapback]1267145[/snapback]
As far as the repaint. There were three landspeeders made.

One that was on a boom and "floated" with the help of a counterweight and crewpeople.

Second one had a metal pole in the back for stationary shots. Thats the one in the Tusken looting scene. A strategically placed rock covered the pole.
[/b]

There's another strategic rock where the front wheel would be. I always figured that was the wheeled version.

In fact, I always figured it was the same chassis on both the wheeled and boom versions.

I've just never seen any reference to there being more than one landspeeder.
[/b][/quote]

Star Wars 365, Day 14, shows all 3.

The book indicates there were two full size speeders.
There was one speeder for mounting on the boom or the metal pole (one speeder used on two rigs) and the wheeled version.
2 speeders - but I don't think I've ever seen both in a single photo together.

Yeah looking at the pics again last night, it did seem the pole and boom version were identical. The weathering pattern matched too closely.

So I guess there were two made then. The one at COSI is the wheeled one, and the one repainted for TPM would be the other one.

Cool pics...Here's a few more quick points:

There WERE two speeders, the wheeled version and the boom version...However, my understanding is that the boom version was destroyed/crushed by LFL some years back...

The wheeled version is definitely the one that was repainted green for TPM...There are several photos that show that to be the case...They also recast one of the engine pod tops to cover the "exposed" pod on the original.

The small detail on the lower left of the dash panel is an elbow detail from 3P0...Yet another contribution from the golden god :)

I've never heard of a third speeder being made...Interesting...I'll have to check into that.

Jason

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back