Luke ROTJ Saber Help Needed

ArkRaider

Sr Member
Well, I'm not too savy with Star Wars props, as I pretty much have only done Stargate and Ghostbusters stuff. My buddy on my paintball team is a machinist and found CAD files for the Luke ROTJ Saber and he is giving one to me. He made these about 2 years ago, so he doesn't remember where he found the original files.

My question is this: What do I need to do in order to finish this baby and make it as screen accurate as possible? Here are some pictures.

dukesaber01.JPG

dukesaber02.JPG

Where can I get the best non-resin control box and a tri-ring? Where do I paint it? Sorry for the newbie questions. Thanks for the help guys.

<div class='quotetop'>(GB_DAN @ May 27 2006, 04:03 AM) [snapback]1251447[/snapback]</div>
Where can I get the best non-resin control box and a tri-ring? Where do I paint it? Sorry for the newbie questions. Thanks for the help guys.
[/b]
I'm sure you've sorted this out by now - but if you still need references for the Luke ROTJ here are
Pics of the MR Luke ROTJ LE and pics of the MR Luke ROTJ EE on Rebelscum.

That should show you what needs painting.

Good luck :)

Hi.

Just a couple of observations: You seem to have one "grenade ring" missing. There are only 8 where there should be 9. Also, your emitter looks slightly too big, but that could be the photos. Cool with the brass "neck" like the MR Elite Edition. (the original was painted) You might want to darken it to a slightly more orange color with a coat of transparent paint.

The control box is fairly easy to make with general household tools. I made an "activator" plate out of polystyrene and metal. Use one of those "make your own waterslide decals" kits to make stripes for the "circuit board". You can cut down regular plastic car fuses for the leds if you can't find the correct ones. The black buttons are just basically two rounded squares, also easily made out of polystyrene (Evergreen) strips.

You've got the handwheel part done, which I found was the hardest part, so you're off to a good start.

Good luck.

/Joe F

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back