Luke on Tauntaun Stop motion replica. Finished Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Luke on Tauntaun Stop motion replica?

The head looks well proportionned to my eyes and according to the ref pics I have.

Awesome Guy, it will be a killer ! :love

This time we have added a can of Pepsi for scale, The sculpt has been refined & the muscle definition has begun. with every pic this just gets better & better.

Thanks for all the support so far, it does help as I'm investing a fare old whack of cash into this project & it helps to know its money wisely spent. Enjoy

DSC00747.jpg

DSC00751.jpg

DSC00752.jpg

Cant think of a better thing to do on a yucky morning to look up the butt of a Tauntaun :lol Guy Cowen...vetinarian to the stars hehe.

Guy was there any decision on the fur being used? Anyhoo, pass on a big handshake to the man, just looking at this makes a few dreams come true!

lee

Morning Lee, she' is looking damn nice isn't she? At the mo were still going with rabbit fur but until the first cast is made & the type of latex/silicon it will be hard to tell. He has done a few tests but it will be a very tricky part to get right. Thanks to Allan we have a pic of how it looked before any weathering & snow was added & its much more ellegant than the 30 year old version that people are used to seeing so we've decided to go down that rout. I think the fur will be the stumbling block as its going to well, I really think the can helps as I had no real idea how big this was till 20 mins ago.

We're already talking about the next project :love

The next project???? Whoa boy lol, well i can think of one big ugly spud that fits the bill of a nice alloy armature buddy!

So she's to be a nice pristine animal? Very nice, i agree on the size, just nice id say Guy, perfect addition to an Ikea Detolf!

lee

Looks awesome! The can does help with the scale, and I think the proportions are just right. Can't wait to see more!

Now that you'll have a tauntaun on the way to completion, just think of all the stop-motion characters from the trilogy you could delve into! :lol

Thanks for sharing!

-David

Your a very wise man J :lol

Here's a quick shot comparing my TT & the original for comparison, considering its a different angle, position, lens etc etc etc its not bad at all

LOT-1.jpg

Awesome job all the way around! :thumbsup

You need to update your thread over stopmo.

What kind of clay are you using to sculpt?

All I know is its an oil based clay! sorry I cant tell you more. The Taun sculpt will be finished tonight so not long till the next update?

Dave, that's right. Many sculptors use a plasticine clay, like Klean Klay for a lower-end example. I've got sculpts from more than 4 years ago that I could work on right now, as if no time had passed at all. :)

I've only got a few seconds on line so here's a quick update
DSC00754.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

She's around 95% done now

Bravo!!!!!! Jeez Guy, this is unreal, the muscle tone is to my eye spot on, what a time to be a studio scale nutjob huh!

bests......lee

Thanks Lee, I'm getting shouted at cos I'm due in church in 30 mins for a friends wedding,
couldn't resist the update though. Time to get drunk me thinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back