Luke bespin boot pics needed

Jango Wes

Sr Member
Like the title says, I'm looking for some really good pics of Luke's Bespin boots. I have seen a few shots of him sitting on the ground talking to Yoda, but that it. Plus, they were kind of small. If anyone has some could you please post them?

Thanks,
Wes

Originally posted by Jango Wes@Dec 21 2005, 06:58 PM
Like the title says, I'm looking for some really good pics of Luke's Bespin boots.  I have seen a few shots of him sitting on the ground talking to Yoda, but that it.  Plus, they were kind of small.  If anyone has some could you please post them?

Thanks,
Wes
[snapback]1141076[/snapback]​

Wes, check your email.

Marc

Originally posted by Pauleysolo@Dec 21 2005, 08:46 PM
I thought the ones in the film were made of like a canvas type cloth heavily weatherd -but here a some made of soft leather from motor cowboy

http://motorcowboy.zoovy.com/product/SKYW1
[snapback]1141139[/snapback]​

The originals were a canvas looking material. Leather is definitely not the material used by photos I've seen. How's about posting the ones sent via. email ;)

The originals were a canvas looking material. Leather is definitely not the material used by photos I've seen. How's about posting the ones sent via. email  ;)
[snapback]1141155[/snapback]​

Here's one of the pics confirmed (at least in my opinion) that the base boot/shoe is leather. The shafts are a canvass type material with webbing sewn on.
I also think that the Hoth boots were some sort of mukluk. Again, it's just a theory, but I have found some canvass topped mukluks and it's possible they were dyed and altered in appearance.
Motorcowboy has a good looking boot, but the tops aren't there.

dagobah3yk.jpg

Wes

They look like a similar design to the Leia Hoth boot.

leiaboots.jpg

sorry about the dodgy pic,my scanners broken so I'm just taking digital photo's of my books.

Yeah, her's look leather all the way up.

A fellow named John Mollo was the costume designer for ESB. If anyone has any contacts in the industry.......

Wes

Originally posted by Pauleysolo@Dec 22 2005, 09:31 AM
Hers do look like they are all leather
[snapback]1141410[/snapback]​

Leia's look more of a suede.

Also that pic of Luke looks a bit like leather after jumping in water,running around in mud,and all the punishment they must have went through on set. The tops still certainly look like canvas. Maybe they too were a suede material.?.?.

Steve

Does anyone else think these boots like like a knee-high version of converse all-stars? I've been thinking about making a pair by using an old pair of Chuck Taylors as a pattern (and re-using the sole).

I still think the base boot is some kind of leather, like a regular shoe. But the more I watch ESB, I think the Hoth boot and Bespin/fatigue boot are two different boots. When Luke is hanging on the antenna on the bottom of Cloud City, he puts his foot on on of the ariels (sp?) and the sole bends really far when he pushes off with his foot. The lighter boot would not be good for snow wear, which leads me to think the Hoth boot was some sort of mukluk. I saw a picture I can't find now of Han. His boots look exactly like the snowtrooper mukluks, only dyed.
Once I figure out the Bespin boot, I have a friend in Korea (they make really cheap, really good clothes there) who is going to have me a pair made.

Wes

Originally posted by Jango Wes@Dec 31 2005, 12:03 PM
the more I watch ESB,  I think the Hoth boot and Bespin/fatigue boot are two different boots.
[snapback]1147530[/snapback]​

Years ago when I was doing my Luke Bespin I came to the same conclusion. The pics of available reference and screen caps and MOM Rebel Hoth boots all gave me the impression that the Dagobah/Bespin and Hoth boots were two different pair. Dagobah and Bespin being the same.

Steve

The FIDM exhibit recently in LA, had what they claimed us Lukes Hoth costume. I think it was simply a random Rebel trooper. But anyway it had Hoth type boots. The were definitely a leather "spat" attached to some kind of leather moccasin. Looked like the same cheap crappy moccasin you can buy in Tijuana.

Look for some fan site with pics of the FIDM exhibit. Should be some good pics somewhere. Only about a billion people took pics of the exhibits.

I still think the base boot is some kind of leather, like a regular shoe. But the more I watch ESB, I think the Hoth boot and Bespin/fatigue boot are two different boots. When Luke is hanging on the antenna on the bottom of Cloud City, he puts his foot on on of the ariels (sp?) and the sole bends really far when he pushes off with his foot. The lighter boot would not be good for snow wear, which leads me to think the Hoth boot was some sort of mukluk. I saw a picture I can't find now of Han. His boots look exactly like the snowtrooper mukluks, only dyed.
Once I figure out the Bespin boot, I have a friend in Korea (they make really cheap, really good clothes there) who is going to have me a pair made.

Wes

I know this is an ancient thread, but I could go for a good source of these in a US size 10. Otherwise, I'm going to have to half-ass it by cutting the fringe off some souvenir moccasin boots and wrap it with velcro, and no one wants to see me do that, do they? :)

Here's my Motorcowboy boots. I received them exactly like they appear on his site. Used a oscillating sander and some white leather dye. They were requested in a tan suede, but that didn't happen due to a supposed miscommunication. Ask away if you have any questions.
8407475696.jpg

8407475669.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back