Luke’s TLJ metal master saber on display!!

This is mine I did a few years back after the better images after TLJ. Mine is weathered of course :)
image.jpg
image.jpg

What do you mean the buttons are huge? Looks similar to the film?

View attachment 1697483
It varies shot to shot. The big buttons match the the OG hero a bit (though is one piece and not quite as tall), which i never liked. But in this shot it looks like a single much smoother button (which I replicated for my idealized version):

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-02 at 5.15.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-02 at 5.15.12 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 140
It varies shot to shot. The big buttons match the the OG hero, which i never liked. But in this shot it looks like a single much s,oother button (which I replicated for my idealized version:
Finally seth after all these years we have an answer! Isn’t it great?

What do you mean the buttons are huge? Looks similar to the film?

View attachment 1697483

are you sure the saber isn’t cg here? The glare doesn’t look natural to me. Either way I gotta find me a creepy uncle (that’s what she said?!). I’m more curious if the original prop was actually an fx prop, cause I can’t think of another reason to make the emitter deeper like that. Though maybe it’s all about anamorphic squeeze and lens FoV (which I’m pretty sure is also why the props blades are soooooo long but seem awful in actual use (well and the weight)).

They always said the blades were ~1m which is 39.37”, but i for one find 36” awkward even with like 2” removed for the holder. It just doesn’t make sense to me cause like a katana, the maximum length is like 31” Usually they are like 28-31”.

The emitter also looks to short in this photo to me. But who knows. I‘m also curious how this one compares to the BOBF/Mando prop. To me it looks like they swapped emitters and the clocking changed again.

are you sure the saber isn’t cg here? The glare doesn’t look natural to me. Either way I gotta find me a creepy uncle (that’s what she said?!). I’m more curious if the original prop was actually an fx prop, cause I can’t think of another reason to make the emitter deeper like that. Though maybe it’s all about anamorphic squeeze and lens FoV (which I’m pretty sure is also why the props blades are soooooo long but seem awful in actual use (well and the weight)).

They always said the blades were ~1m which is 39.37”, but i for one find 36” awkward even with like 2” removed for the holder. It just doesn’t make sense to me cause like a katana, the maximum length is like 31” Usually they are like 28-31”.

The emitter also looks to short in this photo to me. But who knows. I‘m also curious how this one compares to the BOBF/Mando prop. To me it looks like they swapped emitters and the clocking changed again.
BoBF is a totally different design

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back