Lucifer NOT Cancelled YAY!!!

I loved the first 2 seasons but they lost me in season 3 and I've yet to decide if I want to jump back in.

Season 4 was better then 3 imo.

The way they ended Season 4 may be it for the Show

Unless the ratings are huge I don’t think we will get a Season 5

In December the sets were struck and no mention of them being put in storage so.....

I liked the first season and the premise of the show, but it got weak and too emotional. Too much crying.

Will Netflix be able to soft re-boot it? Give it more gritty, dark, and powerful Lucifer? He just seemed so pitiful TOO much. I get he was supposed to be, but it was like watching a Law & Order type formula. Every episode was the same.

I want an R version of this. Solve crimes. That's fine. But Lucifer needs to be more, well, Lucifer (not evil- more a powerful judge and jury of morality).

The problem is, it's not anything like the comic. It's a police procedural with a weak supernatural element tacked on. That was fine, right up until they brought in the romance angle and that killed it. It tends to kill every show that uses it, see Bones and Castle and Chuck and The Mentalist, among many, many more. Romance murders good shows.

It was reported that the show's sets had been struck but there is a good chance they were put into storage. Netflix is not stupid and if a show is popular enough for them to pick up the mantle for after a network had cancelled it and they get good ratings from their viewers, it will return.

Honestly, I hope they don't do another season. This was the perfect place to end it and honestly, I wasn't all that impressed with this last season. It was like any other show that gets a short season to wrap things up. Lots of resolutions, not much story.

Yeah imo this was THE perfect ending.

As much as I enjoyed the Show they need to move on before the REALLY effed it up...

Honestly, I hope they don't do another season. This was the perfect place to end it and honestly, I wasn't all that impressed with this last season. It was like any other show that gets a short season to wrap things up. Lots of resolutions, not much story.

Up to show #6 now.
I like the writing better in this season-
People are not continually doing things out of character or just plain stupid enough to move the script along.

Some nice little touches such as one house they enter to find the killer was the same one used in the old TV show 'Bewitched'. Maz slipping a knife to the little girl after having Dan read the riot act about having any weapons, The mother having to see a therapist because her three year old is a dominating monster...

I wasn't too keen on having yet another biblical figure show up for a season but Eve is played well.

Going to finish watching the season tonight.

Netflix likes to see how viewership goes before they decide whether or not to renew a program. So it will probably be a few months before they announce their decision.

David.

Finally saw the rest of season 4
Far better than the prior season, the ending was a great finale for the series if it was not renewed, now that we know there wil be one more it will be fascinating to see where they go next

The only thing that bothered me about 4 was that they didn't embrace the move to netflix at all. They finally uttered a bleepable word around episode 9 or so of 10. Same physical structure for commercial breaks, etc.

The only thing that bothered me about 4 was that they didn't embrace the move to netflix at all. They finally uttered a bleepable word around episode 9 or so of 10. Same physical structure for commercial breaks, etc.

I actually enjoyed season 4 a bit more because they didn't go "full Netflix".

Let them save all that craziness for Season 5.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back