LS Japanse Kit Guns

That would have been MGC, Model Gun Corporation. An Amercian company, RMI, Replica Models Incorporated, reboxed the MGC guns and sold them under their name. You would see their ads in gun and hobby magazines and would look similar to the ones I've attached here. At first all the models were unable to use caps and some had gimmicks like the Walther P-38 and PPK where you pulled the trigger and the slide would come back imitating the action of the pistol. The LS models were the next iteration of the model gun with plug-fire guns starting to appear in the late '70s.
20096789196_eb1e9e45fe_c.jpg
19930635629_315e3a735d_c.jpg

I used to collect these in the 80's, they made great wall hangers.
As it is still a kit, It is totally legal to sell "as is" without any issues, You could try selling it on Gunstar or over at Free forum : MP40's Modelguns Forum but I would put the value closer to £70 - £90 mark unless its absolutely mint and you could push to £125
It only becomes an issue if the kit is built up, then it becomes a RIF (realistic imitation firearm)
Still totally legal to own and sell but you need to make sure that the buyer is VCR compliant.
Some good info here for LS kits (use google translate)

Last edited:
Those flyers don't show all the kits they had. Back in the late 79's/early 80's, I once saw a P38 with a silencer and U.N.C.L.E. Special type grips. I would have bought the kit, but it appeared to pieces missing.

I wonder when, and why they quit selling the kits.

David.
Hello David, as a young kid, I purchased the P38 U.N.C.L.E. style gun with silencer, stock attachment, extra long clip, etc. They had the solid brushed brass bullets.
I wonder whatever happened to the Replica Firearms company? If you have any info, please let me know! Thank you.

Hello David, as a young kid, I purchased the P38 U.N.C.L.E. style gun with silencer, stock attachment, extra long clip, etc. They had the solid brushed brass bullets.
I wonder whatever happened to the Replica Firearms company? If you have any info, please let me know! Thank you.
Actually the replicas were from the company Model Gun Corporation from Japan. They transitioned from the pig metal non firing replicas to the Plug Fire Cartridge ABS plastic replicas to airsoft replicas so in essence they are still around.

Attachments

• MGC1.jpg
    MGC1.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 43
  • MGC2.jpg
    MGC2.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 37
  • o0800113013125109585.jpg
    o0800113013125109585.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 36
  • pic_05.jpg
    pic_05.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 43
I had a few of these kits growing up, they were awesome! I wished they had brought out Star Wars weapons (lightsabers, blasters etc) in kit form. They would have sold very well.

Replica Models Inc was the company from Alexandria Virginia that sold the metal replicas from MGC in Japan during the 70's and early 80's, I bought their M1911, Luger P-08 and Walther PPK models back then. They morphed into Collectors Armory during the 90's and very early 2000's still selling metal replicas from MGC in Japan plus some other manufacturers. Last I looked there was still a Collectors Armory company but it is a shadow of what the originals were.

I used to collect these in the 80's, they made great wall hangers.
As it is still a kit, It is totally legal to sell "as is" without any issues, You could try selling it on Gunstar or over at Free forum : MP40's Modelguns Forum but I would put the value closer to £70 - £90 mark unless its absolutely mint and you could push to £125
It only becomes an issue if the kit is built up, then it becomes a RIF (realistic imitation firearm)
Still totally legal to own and sell but you need to make sure that the buyer is VCR compliant.
Some good info here for LS kits (use google translate)
One of the reasons these kits disappeared. vcr BS ! Was never a problem until it was made one...we all had these kits . I have all relevant PLI and exemption but it's still nonsense !!

I Had the AK Folding Stock - It came in handy during desert storm because I already knew exactly how to operate & break down the real thing from building my model!
They were great for that. I know of a couple of firearms instructors who used them for that very purpose, made it a lot safer for the class to use the replicas over live fire until they were deemed competent enough to handle the real thing. I know it made a difference when a friend asked for help cleaning his 1911, he was shocked that I knew exactly how to break it down. Had it cleaned oiled and reassembled in half an hour.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back