LS Japanse Kit Guns

"I have that P38 model, but no caps. They also had a set of different length barrels, which was always out of stock when I ordered it."

David,

The caps are really hard to get mostly because they are explosive so shipping them is very much an issue. As for the different barrels, I've been looking for them as well.
Marushin P-38 barrel set.jpg

I have been looking for days and still haven't found anything else about my LS model, the main thing being it's BB gun kit- the only one I can find!
View attachment 1531388
View attachment 1531389View attachment 1531390View attachment 1531391

I haven't been able to find much of anything either. I'll have to dig out my bookmarks for the old model gun forums I used to haunt. I did find that Crown had a similar line as LS, see link here,
* - Scale Modeling Search

Wow. This brings back memories. I had the LS 8” Colt Python when I was a kid. I remember taking it to school to draw in and art class. How times have changed !!

Wow! I picked up a mauser kit pre built and tried to turn it into a blaster with 3D printed parts (for the weight) and ended up mangling it by accident. Had no idea they made so many,... if only they'd made an AR-7

Wow! I picked up a mauser kit pre built and tried to turn it into a blaster with 3D printed parts (for the weight) and ended up mangling it by accident. Had no idea they made so many,... if only they'd made an AR-7
When you say you mangled it, what happened? Can it be saved?

When you say you mangled it, what happened? Can it be saved?
:D

I think it was listed on ebay because the previous owner cracked the barrel joint. I bridged it with brass tubing but it cracked further. Also, I stupidly tried to mill details in very lightly and it melted! It's still sort of intact

:D

I think it was listed on ebay because the previous owner cracked the barrel joint. I bridged it with brass tubing but it cracked further. Also, I stupidly tried to mill details in very lightly and it melted! It's still sort of intact

Did you make your own 3D printed parts? You could have a go at making the barrel join that way. The alternitive is to go off-canon and come up with your own design that doesn't need the barrel join.

I wonder why they quit marketing the model guns, it can't be because they looked like real guns. If that were the case, then they couldn't market airsoft guns. Did the models become to expensive to make?

David.

I wonder why they quit marketing the model guns, it can't be because they looked like real guns. If that were the case, then they couldn't market airsoft guns. Did the models become to expensive to make?

David.
Maybe...and that just me thinking out loud; I'm sure that changes in gun/replica laws in certain countries made a serious dent into the making/selling of those kits...maybe?

Maybe gun brands realized that they could make huge money by asking huge fees to the licensees to write their name on plastic guns !!!

I have two FN FiveSevens and one Marushin replica of the same weapon. The Marushin feels and hefts exactly the same. Even the 5.7 mm barrel versus 6 mm BB version make them difficult to differentiate. The Marushin is an excellent piece of hardware.
You mentioned the BB version from Marushin and that is the reason right there. The model gun market changed over to the airsoft almost totally. It took a few years but Marushin started to re-release the plug-fire guns but with heavier materials to more accurately reflect the proper weight.
Maybe...and that just me thinking out loud; I'm sure that changes in gun/replica laws in certain countries made a serious dent into the making/selling of those kits...maybe?
The Japanese don't worry to much about other countries as they pretty much only cater to the home market. They're happy enough to sell to anyone but really don't let that kind of thing worry them.
Maybe gun brands realized that they could make huge money by asking huge fees to the licensees to write their name on plastic guns !!!
It might work with most countries but I doubt it would in Japan. There is almost no private gun ownership there and as I mentioned above, the guns are primarily meant for the Japanese home market. The gun companies could try to block sales of the model guns where their copyright has some teeth but it would cost them more to do that than to let it go. It would also be seen as a form of advertising to them as well.

19narvik40...yes, I know that the Japanese market is enough to make a profit and be in business for years to come. I remember, in the '70s in Belgium, that a Japanese manufacturer was selling (in so-called "Zamac metal") guns/machine guns with removable mags, bullets and full mechanical functions.
They had the proper weight and look of real firearms.:)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back