Lovecraft Props?

<div class='quotetop'>(GroundskeeperWillie @ Jun 22 2006, 10:36 AM) [snapback]1265845[/snapback]</div>
the copper plates on which the Great Race of Yith record their history[/b]

I read all of his stuff while in Iraq. When this thread started, This is what I wanted to see. :)

I might actually find that story again and try to recreate that "book".

I loved that story

Have you played the Xbox game Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of Earth? It was pretty cool to see the Great Race well-represented in a console game. I got really excited when they made an appearance. I've always loved that story.

The Shadow Out of Time, right?

One of my favorites :D

I gotta take some pics of my Necronomicon...

-Mike

Ok, here we go:

Lovecraft-1.jpg

This is a photo from last fall; I set up my Nec. with some other stuff as if someone was doing research. That's it in the upper center, open to chapter V, with "Phnugli" etc. on the right page.

There's other stuff there, some canon and some not. Can you tell what's what?

:D

-Mike

A Bump from Beyond...

n1_1.jpg

What is this musty old tome?

n2_1.jpg

It is not what it appears to be...

n3_1.jpg

Looks like someone tampered with powers beyond his control.

n4_1.jpg

But what of the book? Perhaps it was destroyed by fire...

-Mike

* Mad props to WC for hosting.

I'm a Mythos propmaker, making Lovecraft inspired props all within the world of the Mythos.

Most of what I make are Idols, but my Mythos Dagger and Sword have been featured on propnomicon and I have also done some pewter Elder Signs. I've done a few paper props but mostly enjoy things I can touch. I'd love to get some feedback so if anyones interested here is my Cthulhu prop gallery http://vonmeer.deviantart.com/gallery/#Call-of-Cthulhu .

I have been a fan of Lovecraft and his contemporaries for a long time. I run many Call of Cthulhu role-playing games at the Origins Game fair every year with the Rogue Cthulhu crew (Rogue Cthulhu).

I also make lovecraftian props (among other things). I have made numerous prop tomes and other items that I have sold on eBay, and a special set of props for an independent film called "The Black Duke" (that I don't think ever got made). Here is a pic of the set.

Dsci1359.jpg

I am currently working on a pair of books that will be featured in the upcoming short film "Doctor Glamour" (Kickstart Doctor Glamour | Directors Notes).

I post build notes and finished pics for most if my projects (lovecraftian, steampunk, and otherwise) on my blog, MRX Designs (MRX Designs Home Page). I post many tutorials for the techniques I use, including traditional bookbinding techniques.

-Rev. Marx

Last edited:
I just finished work on two new prop tomes for an upcoming film project called "Doctor Glamour". Here is a picture of the first of the two, "De vermis Mysteriis". If you are interested, I have more pictures as well as construction pics and notes on my blog.

Dsci2393.jpg

Dsci2406.jpg

I also made a "Necronomicon" for the film. I will be posting pics of it soon.
-Rev. Marx

Last edited:
Forgive the aside, but do any of you know if a side profile imge of ol' H.P. exists? Seems like there's only one picture of him in existence.

My wife's banned HPL props in the house. One of our friends got us a stuffed Cthulu doll (the black one with silver details,) and she was creeped out by our daughter's affection for it. She'd walk around the house with him, referring to him as "His Dread Majesty" until mom just got fed up and hid him in the garage.

A shame its been so quiet here lately, as Lovecraft is right up my alley! Figure I'll share a few pieces.

I used some of RevMarx techniques to make my De Vermis Mysteriis. Namely soaking a book in water, and using Skulpy to make the lettering. Thank you sir for the inspiration!

de_vermis_mysteriis__mysteries_of_the_worm__2_by_herbertw-d6s8gjl.jpg

A slightly silly Face in a Box. the teeth are cast from my own, using Skulpey and Five Minute epoxy.

the_face_in_a_box_2_by_herbertw-d5qt8v2.jpg

A Deep One fang done as a commission piece.

deep_one_fang_contents_by_herbertw-d57az9z.jpg

And a nasty little worm found in the sewers under Innsmouth.

new_thing_in_a_jar_by_herbertw-d420fjm.jpg

I've got more over at My DeviantArt page. HerbertW (Phil Bolton) on deviantART

Attachments

• rune_box_red_specimen_by_herbertw-d3gr8ao.jpg
    rune_box_red_specimen_by_herbertw-d3gr8ao.jpg
    758.5 KB · Views: 116
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back