LOTR - Moria Orc Sword - New Build Complete! **UPDATED**

G17RDY

Sr Member
***8th Aug - Updated Pics***

Revised the paintjob last night, weathered a leather strip and wrapped round the handle - all done ready for display

Here's the new pics

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

**Original Post**

New project now complete...LOTR - Moria Orc Sword.

Started building this last Friday, and finished it up tonight, with exception of the leather grip on the handle - Don't have a source for the leather yet, the search will be on this weekend!!!!

Not greatly impressed with the photo's to be honest, i tried and tried, but couldn't get a decent shot, the flash is bouncing making it look shiny in places, when its a dull finish, and with the flash off, the rusting and weathering doesn't show up at all.:cry

So, anyway, wanted to make this for a while, and finally got some time to do it. All in all, took around 12 hours in total. I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out in the end.
Build details will be on my website by the end of the week, hopefully!!!

So here's the photos, again please excuse the quality, it actually looks a lot better than this, even with my crappy painting skills.

Flash On

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

Flash Off

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

Feel free to ask questions!!!

All the best

Gordy

Last edited:
Re: LOTR - Moria Orc Sword - New Build Complete!

Thanks for the comments so far.

I basically drew out a template, and transferred that to MDF. This was then shaped and covered in Bondo (Car body Filler).
All of the sword details like the spine down the blade, and the spiked pomell were shaped from the bondo.

So thats it really, MDF core covered in bondo, quite a simple build this time around.

New pics look great!
I really like the paintjob/weathering you got going there, looks very realistic.

How heavy is it?

Last edited:
Thanks, it's actually quite weighty, with a combination of MDF and bondo, the sword weighs around 2 - 3Kg.
Unbelievably and by pure accident the sword actually has a nice balance to it.

And believe it or not, my search for a leather wrap from the handle, was actually a handbag strap!!!

New pics look great!
I really like the paintjob/weathering you got going there, looks very realistic.

How heavy is it?

Just to let anyone who is interested....

I have decided to build two or three of these Moria Orc swords, and will be offering them up for sale in the junkyard within the next few weeks.

They will be all hand built and painted in the same way i have made this one. The leather strap will be the only thing that will be different, as i can't use anymore of the wife's handbag straps, so i will need to go buy some brown leather!!!!!

This is not an interest thread though, i do have one already in the junkyard.

Thanks

Gordy

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back