Limited Run LOTR Map of Middle Earth

I'm very firmly in the aged camp for this, but I really don't know how to feel about color! I mean we're talking about Middle Earth documentation, but the precedent is kind of set by the maps in the books. The versions of the books I grew up with had some beautiful water colors, so I'm leaning color, but old maps just tend to be black and white!

I'm very firmly in the aged camp for this, but I really don't know how to feel about color! I mean we're talking about Middle Earth documentation, but the precedent is kind of set by the maps in the books. The versions of the books I grew up with had some beautiful water colors, so I'm leaning color, but old maps just tend to be black and white!
both GIF

I’m working to see if I can do a b&w run along with the color. I just need to figure out the counts. I did check for paper, so I think I’ll be able to get what I need.

I’m still working on run 2, so I want to knock that out then I’ll decide the quantity of color vs b&w prints I’ll do.

If in doubt….as suggested above…. Both is the best answer :)

Question for those on the wait list (sorry it doesn’t impact run 2 as the maps are printed and I’m working on them)

I noticed there is an extra item on the original file.

On the far right, there appears to be a building “in the ocean”. This is on the original file. I just figured out how to remove it and can do for future runs, but would people prefer to leave the file as is from Adam. As Adam said “it’s a moment in time”

This is ONLY on the color version. Not the black and white version.

Let me know your thoughts. As of now, I’m planning on leaving it as is, but wanted to get thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_9079.jpeg
    IMG_9079.jpeg
    639 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back