Lost Predator Armor and Smart Disk Repaint

ItsSinjin

Hey guys! I finally got the balls to repaint my HT Lost Predators armor. It irked me because from the pics of the screen-used Lost Predator, the armor had a kind of blue rust to it and it was darker. SO i basically painted it darker then "rusted" it, and i also wanted the helmet to look like the Prototype so i just added gold accents then I also repainted the smart disk with more shading. And in the end.... VIOLA!
I also have plans for customizing it a bit to create the "Serpent Hunter" Predator but that would be later. It would be great with its green skin.
Pictures AHOY!

Before
IMG_2238.jpg.gif
IMG_2221.jpg.gif

After
IMG_2347.jpg.gif
IMG_2326.jpg.gif

IMG_2352.jpg.gif

Chest and Buckle After
IMG_2342.jpg.gif
IMG_2334.jpg.gif

Smart Disk
IMG_2348.jpg.gif

AND for Fun-in-a-Way
IMG_2356.jpg.gif

IMG_2370.jpg.gif

Thanks For Looking!

IMG_2238.jpg.gif

IMG_2221.jpg.gif

IMG_2347.jpg.gif

IMG_2326.jpg.gif

IMG_2352.jpg.gif

IMG_2342.jpg.gif

IMG_2334.jpg.gif

IMG_2348.jpg.gif

IMG_2356.jpg.gif

IMG_2370.jpg.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
hey buddy it's not a matter of that i don't think, i would just say to try to capture some better pics (i.e. better lighting) to show the differences you've made. the helmet is definitely more accented, and looks good IMO, but i don't think we (at least me) can tell from the overhead lighting you have what exactly you've done. i feel you, i constantly struggle to get good pics of my figures, i personally think lighting from the right or left would better accentuate what you've done to the armor, from the top the surface area with light being shown on it builds up the light to an almost "drowning out" effect on the colors, because of the angle, but from either side the surface reflection of the light is more spaced out and can really show the colors, as long as the light itself isn't too close, just my opinion o_O

no offense to you or your work buddy :rolleyes: keep goin!

p.s. "before" and "after" pics always help too with things like that. but i forget almost every time to get the "before" pics.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back