Looper: Other Props and Wardrobe

First, thank you Sundowner for this thread.

Alright, to recap on that snazzy blazer:
looper01.jpg

We can speculate that it is most likely a custom build with its buttonless style, save for the red 'Lion' character one.

Closest replica so far:
looper-picture_large.jpg

KOREAN Mens Slim Fit Premium Button Jacket China Collar Long Blazer HDN06 - S/M | eBay

But then there's a Texas-based link: Looper movie Jacket/blazer, Great Quality **Pre-Order** | eBay

Or if you fancy something a little less replicated:
0000370428.jpg
YESSTYLE: SLIM&FIT- Mandarin Collar Blazer (Black - M) - Free International Shipping on orders over $150

And I'm pretty sure we can all agree on the main jacket worn throughout the film, in dark brown of course:
looper02.jpg

Carhartt Men's Sandstone Duck Detroit Blanket Lined Jacket: Amazon.com: Clothing

As for Old Joe's jacket:
looper-still07.jpg

Looper Older Joe Leather Jacket | Bruce Willis Jacket

Anybody know what jacket Joe wears while at the clubbing scenes?
looper09.jpg

Anybody know what jacket Joe wears while at the clubbing scenes?

In an interview with Looper Costume Designer Sharen Davis, she mentions wanting Joe wearing an "Ike" (as in President Eisenhower) leather jacket. A Google search for Eisenhower leather jacket got me this:

prod_2160.JPG

This Eisenhower jacket is by Calvin Klein. It's missing the chest pockets, but I think it's a pretty fine match, cut and collar-wise. Here's an Australian site where you can order it. It's pretty pricey, but it IS a genuine leather jacket, so I'm not surprised.

-Jonaas

Last edited:
An Eisenhower jacket is a general cut, so you can probably find one much cheaper than that. Some scrap leather and you could make the breast pockets as well.

I have a very close slim fitting jacket like the one from the club but in black. I have seen a ton of "close enough for Halloween" used jackets on eBay if anyone is looking. Thrift stores are also a great resource.

The watch is a J. Dent of London, key wind, Military Ottoman.
$(KGrHqV,!rkE+rFMMKyVBP7cyCbmvw~~60_12.JPG

$T2eC16d,!zUE9s38+qW1BQ,wFkqwC!~~60_58.JPG

You can find really close versions on fleabay if you have deep enough pockets.
The one on top in great condition with the correct dial but wrong case is $750 the one on the bottom with the right case but wrong dial is $299 both from Bulgaria.

edit:
I'd also say that the button on the jacket says hǔ Tiger/Vigorous 虎 just badly written or blurred by distance.

Last edited:

The one on top in great condition with the correct dial but wrong case is $750 the one on the bottom with the right case but wrong dial is $299 both from Bulgaria.

edit:
I'd also say that the button on the jacket says hǔ Tiger/Vigorous 虎 just badly written or blurred by distance.

Ouch! I may have to go with a close enough pocket watch.

I tried getting the highest resolution picture featuring the button but that is the closest I could get. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to have the little guy 3D printed.

I was going to say, if you want to bring/mail me the silver bar I can make the mold and handle any run stuff and I'd be happy to pour some copies for you.

That's awesome! How long does the process take? I could run it down to Long Beach on a weekend if it's not an overnight/multi-day process.

$(KGrHqV,!rkE+rFMMKyVBP7cyCbmvw~~60_12.jpg

$T2eC16d,!zUE9s38+qW1BQ,wFkqwC!~~60_58.jpg

Heres somemore info on the Turkish watch used in Looper:

FINDING THE PERFECT HOROLOGICAL FILM PROP CAN BE HARD
491.jpg

Director Rian Johnson's new futuristic film Looper creates a realistic world of the future, home to actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character, Joe. Joe is a hit man who takes assignments assassinating time travelers from the future...and he carries a pocket watch.

The search for Joe's special watch involved researching many different watch styles, and the chosen watch-a Turkish military pocket watch, circa 1840, with ornate Turkish Arabic ciphers and intricate gold filigree on the porcelain dial-has an extremely unusual look. The delicate nature of the watch made it more difficult to deal with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe's black leather jacket is from Jonathan A. Logan. It was custom made for the film and should be available on his website sometime this week for $850.

That's awesome! How long does the process take? I could run it down to Long Beach on a weekend if it's not an overnight/multi-day process.

The molding process takes overnight to ensure the mold rubber Risu uses is completely cured before your original bar is removed, but that's all there is to it: If you drop it off Friday, you'll get your bar back Sunday.

Please, PLEASE get this this run going! And remember: you can put me down for 4 bars right off the bat.

Some info: The screen-used silver bars were slushcast resin filled with lead to give them weight. I'd settle for a couple hollow casts, but it's nice to know it wouldn't be too hard to make an SA silver bar.

As for the gold bars, I imagine they'd be a bit more difficult. First off, they have a much more precise look, all perfectly symmetrical with sharp edges...kinda like an iPhone5 that's been dipped in gold. And not only that, the screen-used bars were actually gold-plated! For now, I'm settling for four silver bars, wrapped in plastic and packing tape...but it would be GREAT if someone was able to pull off a set of gold-plated bars sealed up in a clear vacuformed Looper backpack.

-Jonaas

Has anyone checked out the Looper game's guns. One looks like a cropped Uzi.

LooperNetworkHighLifeCallingfull3b.jpg

Yeah, it looks pretty cool and shouldn't be too hard of a build after you get an UZI airsoft to build it from...but I'm more interested in THIS puppy:

fancyblunder.jpg

I'd probably have to rip apart a replica flintlock pistol or something and finally buy a lathe, but I really dig that look.

I'm guessing that these two models were rejected designs for the film blunderbuss that finally found a home. They're nifty...but I just LOVE the scumminess of the gun that they went with in the movie.

-Jonaas

Does anyone have any leads on the eyedropper? An interview I read said they were hand-blown which is the reason why they have little bubble in the glass. If I got a display going, it'd be nice to have a little vial of the Joe's drug of choice (I'd fill the eyedropper with vegetable oil to replicate the look).

Yea, the silicone can take up to 24 hours to cure.

As for casting them, I could possibly put some lead weights inside, but I'd have to look up the costs. I'd just be doing raw casts as well, although I have a friend with an airbrush and alclad chrome, I could ask him if he'd be interested in painting some at an additional cost. This conversation is getting a little too specific for the prop board though, so I'll stop there.

Silaslesnick, I'll PM you regarding the molding.

Just bought the sheets at IKEA used in her bedroom. Girlfriend spotted them in the movie.

LOOPERsheets002.png

LOOPERsheets001.png

Anyone ID the frog yet?

Last edited:
s'up folks i've been trolling the internet all morning in between putting coats of latex on my ironman helmet. and i have dug this up for you . its a close up of the watch face. well at least enough of it for you to recreated it in photoshop. which i might do later today if you can wait. it wont be the whole thing . just the parts that i can make out from the pictures we have found.

View attachment 117146

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back