Looking to get an Indy Hat

DuneMuadDib

Sr Member
Went to Disneyland today, and the Indiana Jones ride gave me a jones to get an Indy hat (pardon the pun). Don't know about spending the cash for a Herbert Johnson, so was looking at an Akubra Federation Deluxe. Are they a good alternative?

Yeah...I'm just looking for an excuse to get an Optimo. Definately not cheap though. If you're looking for a close enough hat that won't break your wallet, then the Akubra is the way to go. Go spook around Indygear.com and you'll get a better feel for things.

Derek

Fed's are great hats, but my advice is check out the Adventurebilt. I've owned a fed, 2 optimos and an HJ but having seen (and tried on) a friends AB, I reckon it's the best Indy hat out there.

IMHO.

:)

I've been wearing my fed deluxe for 3 yrs now and it still looks as good as they day I got it. They only get better with age as you naturally distress them. They conform to your head and you even forget you're wearing it.

It may not be 100% indy correct (more like 98%), but for the price, it can't be beat.

-Fred

It may not be 100% indy correct (more like 98%), but for the price, it can't be beat.

Absolutely. The Federation was designed to be an Indy hat. For the money, it's a GREAT option. If you have a couple of bucks to spend though, the AB is the way to go.

Gotta join the Choir on the Adventurebilts.

I will be getting mine some time this spring.

Originally posted by kalkamel@Feb 23 2006, 04:39 AM
What's the difference between the Federation and the Federation Deluxe?
[snapback]1191165[/snapback]​

The fed deluxe uses a better felt.

My old Stetson fedora has the jakers beat out of it (I think I've had it 22 years), and I'm thinking of popping for a new one. Can you guys post pix of you various brand hats (if you have them handy, don't kill yourselves)? Thanks.

I have a Beaver Brand and I love it...I also bought one of the cheapo $50 Disney world ones and it may not be even close but I wear it ( for stunts :p )
mike

Originally posted by howlingwind13@Feb 24 2006, 03:36 AM
I have a Beaver Brand and I love it...I also bought one of the cheapo $50 Disney world ones and it may not be even close but I wear it ( for stunts :p )
mike
[snapback]1191931[/snapback]​
Go The Akubra.......it's AUSSIE, so it's simply better than anything else :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back