Looking to get an Indy Hat

DuneMuadDib

Sr Member
Went to Disneyland today, and the Indiana Jones ride gave me a jones to get an Indy hat (pardon the pun). Don't know about spending the cash for a Herbert Johnson, so was looking at an Akubra Federation Deluxe. Are they a good alternative?

Gatekeeper

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The Akubras are good fedoras, but not Indy-accurate. The HJ's, while being of correct brand, are simply not worth it anymore.

However, you might want to check this place out.

Jedidentist

Yeah...I'm just looking for an excuse to get an Optimo. Definately not cheap though. If you're looking for a close enough hat that won't break your wallet, then the Akubra is the way to go. Go spook around Indygear.com and you'll get a better feel for things.

Derek

ob1al

Sr Member
Fed's are great hats, but my advice is check out the Adventurebilt. I've owned a fed, 2 optimos and an HJ but having seen (and tried on) a friends AB, I reckon it's the best Indy hat out there.

IMHO.

:)

Gigatron

Sr Member
I've been wearing my fed deluxe for 3 yrs now and it still looks as good as they day I got it. They only get better with age as you naturally distress them. They conform to your head and you even forget you're wearing it.

It may not be 100% indy correct (more like 98%), but for the price, it can't be beat.

-Fred

Dr. J

It may not be 100% indy correct (more like 98%), but for the price, it can't be beat.
Absolutely. The Federation was designed to be an Indy hat. For the money, it's a GREAT option. If you have a couple of bucks to spend though, the AB is the way to go.

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Gotta join the Choir on the Adventurebilts.

I will be getting mine some time this spring.

ob1al

Sr Member
Originally posted by kalkamel@Feb 23 2006, 04:39 AM
What's the difference between the Federation and the Federation Deluxe?
[snapback]1191165[/snapback]​
The fed deluxe uses a better felt.

Probe Droid

Master Member
My old Stetson fedora has the jakers beat out of it (I think I've had it 22 years), and I'm thinking of popping for a new one. Can you guys post pix of you various brand hats (if you have them handy, don't kill yourselves)? Thanks.

howlingwind13

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have a Beaver Brand and I love it...I also bought one of the cheapo $50 Disney world ones and it may not be even close but I wear it ( for stunts :p )
mike

DarthBish

Originally posted by howlingwind13@Feb 24 2006, 03:36 AM
I have a Beaver Brand and I love it...I also bought one of the cheapo $50 Disney world ones and it may not be even close but I wear it ( for stunts :p )
mike
[snapback]1191931[/snapback]​
Go The Akubra.......it's AUSSIE, so it's simply better than anything else :)