Looking for informative & educational videos for painting

DS Operative

Sr Member
I still consider myself a novice model maker and haven't worked on one in years. Currently I'm an apartment dweller and just don't have to the space to spread out and work on or paint the kits that I've collected over the years, but hopefully that will change soon.

I've read magazines and websites that give step by step instructions and pictures of some of the modeling techniques that I'm interested in trying. But I'm able to learn just so much from a still picture. I'd like to see video's. I haven't had much luck with YouTube yet either.

Specifically, I'd like to see video's of pre-shading being done from the first step to the final result. That would help me a lot.

I'm always looking for more tips & techniques, so if anybody knows of any great instructional DVD's, websites, YouTube channels, etc, It'd be great if you shared them here.

And if there's not any out there, maybe some of you experts with some free time could create some YouTube video's for us novices? Thanks in advance for sharing and all help provided!

Re: Looking For Informitive & Educational Videos For Painting

I pretty much just go YouTube hunting. From pros, to DIY Housewives, to "Urban" model train enthusiasts, there's always something useful.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back