looking for help with a punisher costume

hey cheech...did you make those 45 replicas on thepunisher.com site out of those two air pistols on that sight? I assuming just by swapping some of the parts around...and maybe painting the grips? they look fantastic

No, I didn't do the thepunisher.com site pistols but have been trying to locate the respective silver & black KWC airsofts so I could. I didn't realize Shorty had updated the site that the silver Ultra's were back in stock till Zendragon said it in his post. So last night I did order 2 of the KWC silver ultra 1911a1's w/ the comps and then ordered 2 of the KWC HPA colt M1911a1's in black. I'll post & take pics of the process if its possible to mod or swap the parts between the 2 & end up with the black base gun with silver highlights and touches. I'm hoping KWC used the same base mold between the guns & things are interchangeable. Going with the HPA black colt too will give the colt markings like the movie pistols & give the front sight on the end of the slide like the movie pistol too (instead of on the compensator like on the ultra which will have to be removed)

I've still got the mold for the mag well plate so I can crank a few out if there's no mag well plate on either of the airsofts & drop them in the mail to anyone that needs them. In my haste though I forgot to tag onto the order the springer M4 w/grenade launcher thats on sale so I'll have to place another order with Shorty after the pistols come in.

ya..i just picked up one of each for now..hopefully he will keep carrying them so i can get another down the road...what are you using for a double shoulder holster rig? and does he do both that and the thigh hos\lster in the movie...i can remeber and havnt seen a still like that yet...if so what is he carrying in the leg holster if the other 1911's are in the shoulder holster?

was the the black one you bought? cause i couldnt find the one you typed in in your post..and the other kwc is still out of stock

http://www.shortyusa.com/cart/index.html?UID=1190513731-68.114.95.77&RID=4542&NL=&kiosk=

Last edited:
ya..i just picked up one of each for now..hopefully he will keep carrying them so i can get another down the road...what are you using for a double shoulder holster rig? and does he do both that and the thigh hos\lster in the movie...i can remeber and havnt seen a still like that yet...if so what is he carrying in the leg holster if the other 1911's are in the shoulder holster?

was the the black one you bought? cause i couldnt find the one you typed in in your post..and the other kwc is still out of stock

http://www.shortyusa.com/cart/index.html?UID=1190513731-68.114.95.77&RID=4542&NL=&kiosk=

The only time in the movie I can remember him using a shoulder holster of some sort is in the Extended version that came out not too long ago. The scene where Castle confronts Jimmy in his appartment, he pulls one of the 45's from a shoulder holster under his trench on his left side. There may have been a few shots in the Bradstreet bonus feature with Jane having a shoulder holster on in the photoshoot so Bradstreet could get his photoshots to do his promo artistry for the movie. Otherwise if he's out offing bad guys he pretty much had the leg & small of the back holster with the 45's in them, and then in the cafe scene when Harry Heck comes in and sings you see him go for the 45 in the small of the back holster thats covered by his over shirt.

I have the Safariland 6004 holster to use for the leg holster. I need to just order the Blackhawk small of the back holster & modify as necessary for the compensator.

This is the other KWC I ordered here : KWC HPA Colt M1991A1 Softair Spring Pistol Black. I'm hoping I can basically swap out the barrel/compensator and the needed silver parts (trigger, hammer, etc). I figure I'll probably have to modify the end of the slide to fit the barrel/comp with my Smithy mill, do the 2nd compensator top port, & remove the front sight thats part of the compensator. I could care less if it fires a bb, but I'd still like the slide movable & the magazine removable.

The M4 w/Grenade launcher that I forgot to order is here : BOYI M4 Striker Airsoft Electric Rifle. Just pull off the carry handle & pop on a tactical red dot scope and you've got the look of Castle's M4 when he assaults the Saints and Sinners Club at the end of the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
here's mine I did for last year in a weeks time. Had a zenti suit done in like 4 days!

PunisherRay.jpg

The M4 w/Grenade launcher that I forgot to order is here : BOYI M4 Striker Airsoft Electric Rifle.

i bought the M4 but didnt get the grenade launcher:cry

and thats the same holster ive got too...looks real close...have you tried putting any airsoft guns in it...I put one in that was a colt 45 rep,,,and i almost couldnt get it out...for some reason it got stuck...LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought the M4 but didnt get the grenade launcher:cry

and thats the same holster ive got too...looks real close...have you tried putting any airsoft guns in it...I put one in that was a colt 45 rep,,,and i almost couldnt get it out...for some reason it got stuck...LOL

You probably have to adjust the tension screw on the holster (See the green arrow) with a small allen wrench.

safariland6004.jpg

Any injection molded holster will or should have a tension adjustment on it so it can be adjusted to each gun. I don't have any airsoft 1911's, but depending on which of my Kimber 1911's I use the holster with depends on if I need to make tension adjustments to it. My Kimber Warrior and Raptor use the same tension setting, but my Kimber Tactical II is slightly narrower on slide width and I have to tighten the screw some so the gun doesn't jiggle around in the holster & then loosen it to go back to using the holster with the other 2.

Awhile ago I had emailed redwolf about the silver & black KWC's that had compensators and was told they were out of stock. I just got an email from redwolf that they were back & up on the website. No mention of how many they had, but I put in an order for 2 black (since I already placed an order with ShortyUSA) ... so I'll know soon if Redwolf does indead have all the KWC 1911 w/comps back in (atleast the black ones)

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=19787

I'm considering in making Frank Castle The Punisher costumes, too.

These source can be quite reliable for me in gathering the parts, such as pistols. I'm not willing to buy metal pistols, due to that it's not bypassable through metal detector.

So I'm going to need to buy myself a Punisher movie and research it myself.

As The Punisher is one of my favorite Marvel movies, I'm planning on to pull this costume off. His costume looks absolute wicked.

I've scanned most posts here, so I wasn't really reading all the posts here, as I pardon.

Awhile ago I had emailed redwolf about the silver & black KWC's that had compensators and was told they were out of stock. I just got an email from redwolf that they were back & up on the website. No mention of how many they had, but I put in an order for 2 black (since I already placed an order with ShortyUSA) ... so I'll know soon if Redwolf does indead have all the KWC 1911 w/comps back in (atleast the black ones)

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=19787

just went to look...price is very reasonable..cheaper than the other site by far...until you hit the button for shipping...50 bucks to ship three guns? That seems crazy expensive

as far as the holster...ya the tension screw...even losing it all the way the one i had didnt fit...im hoping the KWC one will

*edit*
actually those on the red wolf are the abs versions thats why they are cheaper than shortys'...i got a request into shorty's for thiers..hopfully i get a notification that they are back in stock...i want to go more realistic with the metal parts...I dont plan on flying anywhere with them

Last edited:
I've seen the coat on ebay. You purchase it for about $225 directly, through that vendor.

However, I wasn't granted a permission to post the link.

I snagged a black leather trench in a Goodwill a couple years ago for about $20 that should modify up nicely to make a useable punisher style coat.

I got my pistols from ShortyUSA. While the black HPA Colt 1911 and the Silver Ultra Colt w/compensators look identical in the pics. They are too different to swap parts on. The Ultras w/comps actually function more like a real 1911... the slide release lever works as well as the beaver-tail grip safety. On the Black HPA's those 2 things are non functional. Also the basic grip frame is the same but the slides are different. Weight wise both are about the same, but the Ultra's have more metal bits (hammer, trigger beaver tail, magwell plate, ambi-safety, slide release) but the frame & slide is still just plastic just chrome paint or vac plated. So if your going to get the Ultras its pretty much paint the silver ones black or bite the bullet and order from redwolf also.

Now the good news with some more bad. Both the HPA and Ultra pistols are about the same slide width and base dimensions as a real 1911 & will fit in the Blackhawk Omega holster I have. The HPA will fit in the Safariland 6004, but the Ultra with compensator will not go in the Safariland all the way. You can see in the pic I posted previously the bottom of the safariland is molded & forms around the shape of the stanard slide at the end. To get the Compensated pistol to fit you would have to remove about 1/2 inch off the bottom of the molded holster to get it to fit. I'm going to have to wait a paycheck or so though to get a 2nd Safariland holster to cut on. My Blackhawk small of the back holster is still in route so I can't report fitment issues with it yet.

I snagged one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/M4-Series-M203-...hZ008QQcategoryZ64635QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
and a pair of these .45s http://cgi.ebay.com/LOT-OF-TWO-BRAN...hZ005QQcategoryZ62121QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem to get the gun part taken care of.
The rifle looks spot on, and the .45s I should be able to modify to get close enough, I may kip doing the Comps though since they'll mostly be in holsters.

I'm having trouble finding the right BDUs so far... They look like the tactical type to me, not the standard cargo looking type. But I haven't found an exact match.

I have the movie skull shirt i snagged at Hot-Topic a while back.

I asked the guys at Prop Store awhile back if they were off the shelf found or if they were modified off the shelf and they said they looked like modified off the shelf. 5.11 Tactical has a pair/style that have just the 1 magazine/flashlight pouch on the leg above the cargo pocket in a twill material (not sure about ripstop), but I haven't found any brand that has a tactical pant with 2 mag/flashlight pockets side by side. I'm not really that worried about the smaller magazine pockets, there's only a few scenes where you can even tell they're there & I don't remember seeing them actually have any mags in them at all in the film. But from pic's my best guess would be to take a pair of x brand tactical 6 pocket BDU's... shorten the cargo pocket and/or move it down some. Then basically sew/make some pockets with extra ripstop material for the 2 magazine pouches above the cargo pocket.

i picked up some 5:11 tactical pants and they look pretty close...ive never really inspected them up close but they do have the look...nice find on those pistols...i emasing a huge lot of airsoft replicas at my house trying to find the ones i like...just bought those two...couldnt help it for 20 bucks...my 16 is lacking the m203 attachment..i was hoping to find one one ebay without having to buy the whole gun, what do you guys use for a holster rig for the back? still looking for a cheap pair of used tanker boots too

i picked up some 5:11 tactical pants and they look pretty close...ive never really inspected them up close but they do have the look...nice find on those pistols...i emasing a huge lot of airsoft replicas at my house trying to find the ones i like...just bought those two...couldnt help it for 20 bucks...my 16 is lacking the m203 attachment..i was hoping to find one one ebay without having to buy the whole gun, what do you guys use for a holster rig for the back? still looking for a cheap pair of used tanker boots too

I used a galco S.O.B. holster which worked well. I had to modify it to fit the Tac belt though

I used a galco S.O.B. holster which worked well. I had to modify it to fit the Tac belt though

I got in my Blackhawk SOB holster and it will have to be modified for the belt too. Max width on the belt slots looks to be 1 & 3/4 inches and the blackhawk & other Tac belts I have or found are 2 inches. It will fit the Silver Comp'ed Ultra 1911 from ShortyUSA no problem also.

Still waiting on my 2 black comp'ed Ultra's to come in from Redwolf.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back