Looking for certain size wooden crate box

Kylash

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ive been looking for something like the picture below (sorry for the bad shot, couldnt get my comic to scan at the moment so had to get it off the web), its a wooden crate box about 16 x 8 x 3 thick, with two clasps and a handle, very plain. I need it for displaying my Hellsing casull, from the japanese manga. Ive seen similar sized boxes for wine bottles, but most have logos or names burned into the box. Does anyone have anything like this or know where i can get the basic wooden box at least? I can handle the clasps and handle and hinge if i can just find the box, so simple, yet so out of reach for me, i cant do woodwork :p

hellsing21b-vi.jpg

Something similar to this
docholliday2.jpg

I know Home Depot sells empty metal cases; maybe they sell wood ones as well?

Other guesses would be gun shops or craft stores.

-Mike

yeah i checked out that link, would cost me over $100 for a plain wooden box without the hinged or locks or handle ^^; might have better luck trying to find another wine bottle box or finding someone who does woodwork as a hobby... thanks guys :)

EDIT:
WOO. Just found these for about $35-40, It's 16x13x4, really darn close to what I figured, Wooden Artist Paint Box

PAINTERSBOXITEM1ONE.JPG

Looks like you've already located what you need. Good find.

Just for your reference, I found a nice black box for only $6.99, but at 11.8 x 8.5 x 2", it's a bit smaller than what you're looking for:

Sunshine Discount Crafts: Black Wood Box Purse (scroll down)

I also found some nice unfinished wooden boxes for $8.99, also 11.8 x 8.5 x 2.2":

BJ's Craft Supplies: Unfinished Wooden Boxes

I found several other sites with nice, hinged, unfinished wooden boxes at great prices... and then realized that they were wholesale shops with a minimum order of 50 boxes. :$

Good luck.

yeah, after finding that one on ebay, ive found a few online art stores with similar boxes for around $30 shipped, so I think ive got it. Thanks guys.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back